Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 09-04-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Aces UP

I check this river; it's the low variance thing to do. I think better players definitely bet this, and then know what to do when check raised.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:13 AM

FSU-

Easy check behind here. He has AK! He is gonna c/r you!

Unless he is super-tricky, what else is he raising from the SB, checking the flop, bet/calling the turn, and checking the river with? He is only raising 7% preflop so far(with some SH play), that doesn't indicate he is raising preflop with AQ or worse. Small sample size, i know, but you gotta go with what you have.

-muz
Old 09-06-2005, 10:54 AM

Default *RESULTS*

i thought it was a real easy check behind, but some others werent completely agreeing with me, so i figured id check and make sure Im not going stupid.

he checked, i checked he showed A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the whiffed flop CR and rivered winner.

thanks.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:51 PM

Stacks are not deep enough here to worry about a bluff CR on the river. FSU probably would be 4-1 or better to call any bluff CR, so Villain can't be sure that FSU will fold a marginal hand (like Aces up) if he check-raises. In other words, if Villain check-raises, he thinks his hand is good.

FSU checks behind because 1) he is beat a decent percentage of the time, 2) he will have a tough time folding if he is checkraised and 3) there are only a few holds that Villain can have here that pay him off on the river.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thin preflop call.

Why aren't you betting flop after it's checked to you?

I like river check behind, he has AK/KK/flush enough times that it's worth checking. IMO you should be checking club and diamond paint cards, betting everything else, since the most likely hands for villain are paint pairs, ace-paint, or flush draw, and although villain's probably not on diamonds, villain will be less likely to pay you off with a worse hand if the diamond flush comes in.

[/ QUOTE ]

KK would limp pre-flop and check the flop?
Old 09-06-2005, 02:14 PM

Opponent raised preflop, but none the less KK bets this flop all day long.