Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 11:04 PM

Default BB decision

$10+1 tourney. 175 players left, 40 place. Hero has $675 after BB posted. Blinds 50-100. Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop: folded around to cutoff who has just joined table with 2200 chips. CO min-raises to 200. Button folds, SB folds. Hero?

thanks for listening.
-jazz
Old 09-22-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: BB decision

Is this an easy decision? Any response would really be appreciated.

-jazz
Old 09-22-2005, 11:33 PM

don't get too excited about this hand. I don't think I'd even call the min. raise. Save your chips to double up when you have a better hand.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$10+1 tourney. 175 players left, 40 place. Hero has $675 after BB posted. Blinds 50-100. Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop: folded around to cutoff who has just joined table with 2200 chips. CO min-raises to 200. Button folds, SB folds. Hero?

thanks for listening.
-jazz

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a newbie and don’t really know what I am doing, so I will make an attempt at this and then someone who has a clue might respond to both of us.

You have an M of 4. You are going to have to make a move in the next round of betting. Cutoff just sat down, everyone folds to him/her, and s/he min-raises. You have no idea what that means. Is there any way to put him/her on a range of hands besides 2 cards?

Your choices are push or fold. If you push, you expect to be called. If you fold, you hope to hit a better hand soon or have the opportunity to steal the blinds in a couple hands.

I would push this. But then I am a donk. I don’t know what pokerstove says, but I believe this hand will do OK against a random hand. And if I am wrong, you can always suck out.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:38 PM

Hero calls.

I'd call. You can't be too picky with 7XBB left and villain is giving you 3.5:1 to call.

I wouldn't push BTF because you are going to get called.

After the flop I'm pushing a bunch of them, check/calling a bunch of them and check/folding a few of them.