Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: a 40-80 hollywood park hand

[ QUOTE ]
If he's passive and straightforward, it's unlikely he's capping preflop with A-K. And it's very unlikely he's capping with T-T. If he's passive and straightfoward, it's unlikely he's raising the flop with A-K or T-T.

By the turn he's had four opportunities to raise or bet and has done so all four times. If he's passive and straightforward, jacks have 0% chance of being good.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think i should have just check-folded the flop? one of the great things about playing against loose-passives is that they pretty much always let you know when you're beat. by raising the flop, the guy pretty much tells me he has an overpair (he'd just call if he had a set there), whereas if if he bet when checked to him, there is a small chance he is betting ak, and it would obviously suck to fold since the pot is pretty big (and i would have the best hand, duh). anyways, what do u think about my call of his raise there? with the 4 sbs from the other player in there and my backdoor straight potential and set potential, i felt i had odds to see the next card.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:56 PM

"i felt i had odds to see the next card."

you did. do you play there a lot?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:08 PM

when i'm home i do... i go to school in connecticut, but summer/winter i'm always there.. i'll be there in a week most likely.. i actually think we played 15-30 once over summer... ill pm you to see if you remember me