Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Overcards in 6-max

OK, so I've been experimenting with some 6-max, and have one BIG question!

What the hell do you do when you flop 2 overcards ;-)

This situation seems to come up even more often than it does in full ring, and seems to be where I'm currently loosing a lot of money!

Typical situation I'm talking about

I'm in MP with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG Limps, UTG+1 folds, I raise, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls UTG calls

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

How on earth do you work out if your K-high is good, or if your weak draw is worth chasing?
Obviously overcards are a bit more valuble here than in full ring as spiking one is more likely to win the hand, and A-High and K-high have some showdown value unimproved.
I think I'm getting too aggressive with these hands - against 2 or 3 calling stations I keep getting to the river only to be shown a weak pair, often hit on the turn or river!

Mat
Old 12-11-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Overcards in 6-max

I've also been experimenting with 6-max lately.

On this flop I would check behind because there are 3 other players and the club draw devalues your hand. Against 1-2 players it would be more likely that K high is still the best hand, especially if they are very loose.

So to sum it up, you are unlikely to have the best hand, your draw is weak (tainted overs + bdsd),and I doubt that you will take down this pot often enough to warrant a bet. I would take the free card.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Overcards in 6-max

How would you play overcards 4 way in position in a full ring game?

This is why reads are so important. Will they chase an A or call down with bottom pair?

How would I play this hand. Since you raised preflop, I would bet the flop. If they call, check the turn and fold river to a bet UI.