Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Terminator (7) or Commando (10)?
Terminator (7) 97 92.38%
Commando (10) 8 7.62%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Excess focus on short term fluctuations?

I kept looking this week...to see how close I was to clearing a bonus [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MicroBob wrote:
yeah.

downswings are weird.

I lose a couple of AA hands vs. weird two-pairs and suddenly I realize it's probably effecting me in that I start to feel like I no longer have any clue how to play this silly game.

obviously one is going to lose a lot of chips when they flop something big and lose to something bigger.

flopped set loses to a straight, as well as those hands where 55 runs into board of 5TTAT or something like that.

Usually there wasn't much you could do...you are probably way ahead so you're supposed to put in a ton of bets....and then by the end of it you're pretty sure you're dead.

Starts messing with one's ego and sense of how one is supposed to play.

Hopefully not sounding like a bad-beat whine.
It's just that my recent experience with this has taught me for the zillionth time that the effects that a down-swing can have on one's judgement can be VERY real and can really mess up your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome to my day.

KK cracked multiple times. villian calls 90% of his stack on the turn on a draw, and gets miracle flush on the river. and other assorted 3outer bad beats.

i posted in the other thread about how close i was to throwing/destroying something. i realized this, got in my car and drove for an hr. $3/gal gas is cheaper than playing on tilt

btw- because of the PArty split, i went back to my party acct w/o rakeback, and played 50 $50+5 SnG's. Down 15 buy ins ($750) mostly thx to the above bad beats. would have been more if i didnt drive away.

come on party... flip that damn switch. it's me
Old 10-16-2005, 03:27 PM

oh, and back to op's question...

i check cashier whenever i end a session. i check itm/roi once a week when i import into pokertracker
Old 10-16-2005, 04:23 PM

I usually see it whenever I check something in the PT window. But I don't look for it on purpose even once in an average session. And mostly when I am looking for it is because I am running hot and want to know just how good to feel.

I do however obsessively check my vpip, pfr, wtsd, and aggression too often when in a downswing. Which is, if possible, an even worse way to obsess over short term fluctuations.