Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 12:06 AM

Default I\'m Not Crazy About It

Part of being a good LAG is knowing when the table is getting ticked at you and anticipating when they will "make a stand against you". Usually with a good but marginal hand. When he called your re-raise that should have sent alarm bells ringing in your head. When he called your flop bet then you need to shut down. All good LAGs know when to push the "call" button when someone is "making a stand".

Your pre-flop play is reasonable.
Your flop play is reasonable.
The push on the turn is gambling......save this play for other players. Good LAGs make bank making these calls.

Since you were out of position with AK (which is a drawing hand!), limping in would also be a decent play. When I have AK, I like to have at least two other callers.

But all this analysis is for a good LAG. It seems you did not have enough info to know whether he was a good LAG or a bad one. I like scouting players out to identify they weaknesses before I start making plays on them. Especially when my position sucks with a drawing hand......
Old 09-27-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: What do you think about this push?

I'm sure you could find good more detailed stuff on playing AK if you search.

Quickly, you're not stacking someone with JJ unless you get it all in PF, because the second an A,K, or Q shows up, JJ is done with the hand here.

AKo is not a "great" hand here.

Villain doesn't have to "hit"- he hit when he was dealt a pair.

We don't like to create bloated pots OOP against good opponents when we have a drawing hand - hard to make money doing that.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:59 AM

thanks for the advice... I was on the middle of a rush when this hand came up. I was very sharp on my reads. And I thought he had a similar hand than the one he had, only I imagined he'd lay down after my sizable raise.

I guess it was a valid play, I still had 25% chance to win that pot after the allin was made, and there was (in my head) a 75-80% probability that he'd fold that hand on that spot. So if this was one of the times out of 4 or 5 that he'd call, my push was good. Although if my oponent would 80% of times CALL my bet, then it was bad.

All I know for certain is that I wont ever bluff this guy again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is it a bad push?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. I feel it was the worst in a series of increasingly unwise decisions on this hand.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:29 PM

This hand is uninteresting and the solution can be found using extremely simple math. I am glad that you lost.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand is uninteresting and the solution can be found using extremely simple math. I am glad that you lost.

[/ QUOTE ]
Words of wisdom from a low life small-stakes stud player who never posts on this forum and only makes small ridiculous replies.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Words of wisdom from a low life small-stakes stud player who never posts on this forum and only makes small ridiculous replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although i htink this fight is ludacris and ruining a great learning tool, you do have to learn that what you did on this hand was horrible. and a few of the others that spadle bumped were pretty poorly played as well. and about 1/2 the time i agree w/ what spadle is saying, id just say it in a non hateful manner.

just stop putting so much damn money in the pot with crap.

Barron