Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2004, 03:11 PM

Default As I have a healthy stack in front of me.....

...I wonder what the best way to break my opponents is. I have approx $110 at a $25 6-max table, Party Poker. The next highest stack is $34. Whats the best thing to do in these cases? More aggression? More patience?
Appreciated.
-Ciano
Old 09-28-2004, 01:22 AM

Default Re: As I have a healthy stack in front of me.....

I find in these situations often a gross overbet when you have a strong hand gets callers because people think you are just the big stack pushing people around, and are more willing to call. Generally at that limit just sit back and wait for great hands and everyone will pay you off.
B9
Old 09-28-2004, 02:26 AM

I dont think you should be playing any different type of poker than you normaly would be playing just because of your stack size. Just play the same way you always do. Cash games are not the same as tournaments so you wont be able to bully people around just because your stack is large.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:30 AM

As a combo of thse answers:

Ring game decisions are evaluated in terms of BBs that can be won. You are at the optimal in your state (chiplead) but, in reality, it doesn't matter if you have more than 34 (or whatever the other dude's stack was) dollars at the table since all you can win is the 34. The only advantage is psychological.

It let's you get tricky... but don't get too tricky. If your big hands aren't getting paid when you overbet, then just play normally.