Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Re: So what type of new poker software would you LIKE to see?

Yeah, anything with more advanced analysis of play than currently available with PokerTracker and PokerStove. For instance, some tool that uses arbitrarily large "EV trees" over many factors like possible hand types, aggression frequncy, calling frequency, etc. that eventually helps me decide a tactic in a situation, like when to check to induce a bluff versus when to bet for value.

Or a simpler idea: a poker tracker add on that can do more advanced filtering, sort of a query front end, like: "show me all hands where I put in the last agression on the flop and checked behind the turn". I think this can be done currently with pokertracker, but would require direct manipulation of the database on the back end, wheras I'm thinking of a more user-friendly tool.

Another idea: I think someone in the SNG forums, eastbay most likely, wrote something of an "therotical EV vs. actual results" measurement tool. Basically, it parsed hands looking for situations were you went all-in, calculated what your EV was with the two hands involved, then tracked results, and over a sampling of these situations, told you if you were out-performing or udner-performing what you 'should be' given what you were getting in there with. Something akin to that for limit play could be interesting, although the idea could be too heavily handicapped by the fact that only hands with showdowns could be properly measured.