Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Party 600 - 6 max. Default play.....

Standard table, neither strong nor weak seemingly.
Villain (button) has 500, hero covers.

Call, I call (5h 7h), call, button triples blinds, SB folds, BB calls, limpers call.
5 to the flop (93).

Flop comes 9h 6c 3h.

What are the possible plays here?
Thanks.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Party 600 - 6 max. Default play.....

I'd bet out here a large % of the pot and pray to god for a raise and heads-up action so I could get it in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet out here a large % of the pot and pray to god for a raise and heads-up action so I could get it in

[/ QUOTE ]

Second. He's not likely to have a set, put the pressure on him.

Edit: I guess you could check and see the action behind you as well, assuming button fires again. If he doesn't, you get a free card and an easy decision on the turn. The other players' presence makes this a bit more difficult than I initially thought.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:52 PM

2 things:
1. Does his preflop raise with limpers mean a good hand like TT+ AK, AQs or is he the type to make raises on the button with SC's like JTs or PP's to build up the pot?
2. Does Villan regularly make continuation bets?

If he's making the raise with a decent hand, I'm going for the checkraise. Most likely hes going to be betting it when it comes to him. Id want to get all my money in on the flop. I dont know the numbers, but unless hes got a set or a higher flushdraw your ahead, and even against those 2 hands you have outs. Plus maybe you get a person to coldcall his bet with A9 before you push, bringing more dead money into the pot.

Also, if you pot this, what do you do if a blank hits the turn? Plus its not the end of the world if it gets checked through, the pot is 93 on the turn and you have enough implied odds (especially if the 4 or 8 hits) for the river to call.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:00 PM

Some good comments so far. I can usually figure out a decent line on reflection of a hand but this time I'm not decided.

To clarify/discuss:
1. From what I've seen so far, the button raise here indicates a mid-pair and better. I suppose high suited cards or AK could be thrown into the mix. Don't most people raise AK stronger than this? Anyway, I'm not looking for continuation bets from this guy against 4 opponents.
2. I'm quite happy to tank all my money in on the flop (notwithstanding some unusual sequence of betting from the others). I'm a favourite against an overpair and the pot's decent now. Even if I run up against a set I've still got good outs (though twodimes.net is [censored] me about and won't tell me exactly how many - 35%ish?).
Old 08-26-2005, 09:46 PM

He probly won't fold an overpair when you threebet all in. Nice gambling spot. You need to assure yourself of not being me, since I lose each and every one of these pushes. As long as you're not me, you should be ok.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:56 PM

bet 3 bet erry time.

hey twenty what year are you?

fim
Old 08-26-2005, 10:34 PM

well you are going to make one of your draws 54% of the time. You did get yourself in a bit of a jam playing that hand in the first place, and hit the one of the flops you are looking for. If it checks to you (which in most cases it will) i would check to the initial raiser, who will more than likely bet. i would would raise his bet substantially putting pressure on him (best case folds AK or PP). IF he calls can either bet on the turn (which i would do) or you can check to him and more then likely you will get a free shot at the river. I dont feel betting out is correct, if the villian has AA KK or any high pair hes going to make a large bet, and at this point in the hand you are a favorite to win the hand. the worst thing you could possibly do is just call the bet, for optimal results to this play i would check raise (which i rarely do) and hope for the best.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:15 AM

Bet, 3-bet all in.

How is this even close?
Old 08-27-2005, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet, 3-bet all in

[/ QUOTE ]
In a perfect world.

[ QUOTE ]
How is this even close?

[/ QUOTE ]
What if it's flat called? I frequently move on a missed turn with an overpair here.