Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2003, 04:20 PM

Default True Poker CEO would you care to respond?

Hi guys,

I was just browsing RGP and I stumbled upon an interesting article regarding Truepoker.

RGP Post

10/10 for sh**tty customer services guys, tsk tsk.

Rom

Old 07-14-2003, 04:31 PM

Default Re: True Poker CEO would you care to respond?

anyone wanting to fix my poor effort of a URL link and also PM me the correct way that I should have done it feel free!

Rom
Old 07-14-2003, 04:49 PM

I'm not positive but I think an url link cannot span more than one line on this forum so I'll post the post. BTW, IMHO TruePoker didn't lose much by losing these two (the check is in the mail) guys.
============================================

Well the other day my friend and his roomates accounts were both banned at true poker.

The reason for the ban was because my friends roommate sent true poker a draft 3 and a half weeks ago and it apparently never got there.

Apparently my friends roomate went on and asked about it and they said it was not received. Thus the hosts gave my roomate a complimentary credit twice of 7.00 each for a small tournament, until the draft was recicved. Anyway They did not receive the draft which was sent yet so they just decided to ban both of their accounts. Even though my friend had nothing to do with it besides living in the same house as a roommate.

This seems like a very stupid and unfair way of doing buisness. Because of 14.00 they are going to ban two good player accounts. One account who had absoultly nothing to do with the situation at hand. The draft was sent and will be canceled. But either way they didn't have to credit any
amount if they didn't want to. Now my friend says he has emailed them and they wont respond. I am planning on cashing out from their in fright as the same thing may happen to me one day. Who knows I could piss off the wrong person or someone may just have an itch and decide to screw me. I'll tell my friends as well. THIS JUST DOES NOT SEEM FAIR. Thanks but not thanks. With all the other sites out there who really needs this type of [censored] treatment.

Old 07-14-2003, 04:51 PM

I was going to repair and post the link for you but after reading it carefully I think it was posted right where it belongs, on RGP! Not here.......

Old 07-14-2003, 05:12 PM

Default Tinyurl.com

FYI, the way to tidy up a long sloppy URL, is to put it through tinyurl.com .

Thus, the URL discussed in this thread becomes simply:

http://tinyurl.com/gx2s

Old 07-14-2003, 09:50 PM

Default Re: \"The check deposits are in the mail\" about sums it up

This is not much of a story, but since you asked:

Briefly, "player" and his "alleged friend" on a couple of different occasions went to the Hosts and related how he/she had had sent in a draft (in a couple of different amounts) , but could they in the meantime get a small advance to play in a tourney. A couple of times, they were given small advances, but no checks/drafts ever arrived.

(The player(s) involved were allowed to cash out winnings and/or balances in the interim on request without a problem and have never been out of pocket any money for this tale of woe.)

I personally authorized the most recent small advance, because if no check(s) arrived, I would remember to have the accounts closed. (When asked for details of these supposed checks/drafts, the player gave some descriptions which were nonsensical about where they were drawn and how they were mailed.)

Neither of these supposed checks ever arrived, the accounts were closed until they do. I will be very suprised if either supposedly mailed draft arrives as this player had a previous history of similar conduct. We took a chance for $7.00 a couple of times and got burned by an apparent angle shooter, end of story.

Truepoker CEO
Old 07-14-2003, 10:04 PM

Default Re: \"The check deposits are in the mail\" about sums it up

For some reason I feel compelled to believe TruePoker CEO over some fools on RPG, who just from the post sound like angle shooters. Call me crazy...
Old 07-14-2003, 10:36 PM

Default Here are the facts!

Oh and before I start it is so nice to see Mr ceo respond in the forums but never respond to any emails.

Anyway here are the facts.

I sent a draft to true poker in costa rica 3.5 weeks ago. The said draft apparently never arrived. 2 weeks into the mailing I contacted a host and inquired about the draft. They checked with a tech and they said that no draft was received. At this point I started to get concerned so I forwarded the details to support the deatils which I had. I did not have a control number at the time because I could not locate it, but thank goodness I do now. I asked the host if they could comp me with 7.00 so I could play a tournament, atleast be able to play some while my money is floating around. After about an hour of arguing they finally comped me the seven dollars. There was no second draft sent! Only one draft in the amount of $650.00 was sent via wells fargo bank via U.S.P.S REGULAR MAIL (yes my mistake).

Mr. Gzesh I really resent the fact that you are basicly calling me a liar on a public forum. Perhaps this is the way you would like issues concerning your company to be handled in the future as well. I also resent the fact that you banned my roommates account. He had absolutely nothing to do with this. But I can see how you being paranoid may think that we are the same person or something. I mean more than one person usually lives in the same household. And usually only one computer exists in most house holds. For you to ban anyones account over seven dollars is ludacris. Both my roommate and I have given thousands of dollars in rake to your site and this is how you repay us. By basicly calling me a liar and banning someones account who had zero to do with the issue. I sure hope for your sake that you take a serious look at your customer service as your player numbers show their is definately something wrong.

As for me I stopped payment on the draft today, thank god it was not cashed. I doubt I will be playhing on your site in the future. Well I probly won't because you banned me. Have a good one.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:47 PM

Default Furthermore

Furthermore,

Say that I never did send a draft which I did, and just wanted to get a free seven bucks. I can't understand even in that case which is apprently how you thought it happened why you would ban someones account. Comps are given out regularly on most sites with no expectation of repayment. But if it would make you feel better I will send you a money order for $14.00 Just so you don't think my roommate and I are some sort of con artists. Do you want me to make the money order out to you or pizza hut? It would be nice to treat matthew to a nice hot pizza. You work him too hard. LOL--Guess u think were Con artists trying to swindle seven whole dollars heh. Thats all.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:05 PM

Default Assuming arguendo .....

...okay, one last try.... Let's assume arguendo, as you propose:

"Say that I never did send a draft which I did, and just wanted to get a free seven bucks. I can't understand even in that case which is apprently how you thought it happened why you would ban someones account."

You can't understand why a site would ban an account from someone who, we assume for arguments sake here, obtained money under false pretenses ? Are you serious ? We certainly would ban the hypothetical account of such a hypothetical scammer. Your apparent understanding of acceptable behavior and ours must differ on this point.

Truepoker CEO