Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 04:38 PM

Default JJ in the SB Hit the trips with an Ace on the board...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

No good reads on MP1, only 18 hands with him... This is your average loose table though with a vpip of 36

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (15 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Went for the c/r but lol it got checked all the way through, I figured being in the SB with 7 people in, one had to have an Ace but then it just goes all the way through...

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

What the heck? MP1 just came alive for some reason on this street, my thoughts were slow playing two pair or hit his set also, wasnt sure...

What are your thoughts on MP1's hand?

River: (16.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 28.50 BB
Old 11-11-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: JJ in the SB Hit the trips with an Ace on the board...

Bet the flop. Don't go for a check-raise when you were the PFR.

I wouldn't worry to to much about MP1, just continue raising and expect to win most of the time. He probably has something weird like A4. Since you posted the hand he probably has AA, but that is a minority of the time IMO.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop. Don't go for a check-raise when you were the PFR.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. Think about it - who is going to bet? And why do you want to check/raise?
Old 11-11-2005, 04:53 PM

Hi Zach,

I was just contemplating whether to make a post asking whether when the last pre-flop raise comes from a blind, and then they check on the flop, it means they have a set or better 100% of the time. So far, this hypothesis has not been disproved. You may make more money by doing this against unobservant players, but probably not against good ones.

On the turn, my only thoughts on MP1's hand are it's probably not AA, so you've got the best hand. Raise at every chance. Same thing on river. Nice hand overall, I doubt you saw 53.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:30 PM

Run that set all the way to the bank. You either make a mint with a set or go down trying. No middle ground in my book.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:07 AM

you should bet this flop every time. if there's an ace out there you could easily get raised, allowing you to 3bet. your equity is huge - push it. also, a c/r might be less profitable than just betting out. do you see why?
Old 11-12-2005, 02:25 AM

Would you blame me if I was the button with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and won the hand on a diamond river?
Old 11-12-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you blame me if I was the button with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and won the hand on a diamond river?

[/ QUOTE ]
i would blame you for not raising preflop
Old 11-12-2005, 06:11 AM

Either he made a set on the turn (4's) or two pair or he had at least two pair on the flop and slow played like you hoping CO or button bets or that the turn gets bet early so he can raise and trap people with his monster. Just bet the flop, your giving the crazy draws a freebie. Charge those suckers to look.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:33 AM

Grunch:

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (15 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Went for the c/r but lol it got checked all the way through, I figured being in the SB with 7 people in, one had to have an Ace but then it just goes all the way through...

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone does likely have an Ace, but likely A-rag and was afraid of a check-raise from the pre-flop better.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

What the heck? MP1 just came alive for some reason on this street, my thoughts were slow playing two pair or hit his set also, wasnt sure...

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are you worried about here? AA better not be slow-playing with a field of 7 players, so rule that out now. AJ? A6? 66 or 44? Likely any other A-rag. Bet bet bet.