Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Officially done with Party. What\'s the best skin affiliate program?

Well, the other night, as I had 4 $109 tables going, one of my tables was disconnected during level one when i had 970 chips left. My other 3 tables were going fine, yet I could not rejoin the 4th table, even after shutting down PP 3x. I spent 25 minutes on the phone with PP, and 3x told them to MAKE SURE to contact me back about this issue, but, of course, I never got a call or email back.

When I called today, they said;
A. They had no log of my initial call.
B. They had no info whatsoever regarding my problem.
C. The problem was on MY end, even though i had no problems with the other tables.

Long story short, they said it's because the tables get routed through different servers, to which I said who is responsible for those servers, and don't I get rerouted when I reconnect? They offered me $50,(their standard offer, I have found), at which time I asked for a manager. The manager told me the same thing, and gave me the same offer, saying it was the most they can do,(which is BS; I've gotten more before when they were expanding).

I then asked him to look at my account history and the 70-80k I have paid in fees and rake in the past year, and that one of their competitors will be getting every penny of that if this is not resolved to my satisfaction, which is to give me $59 more than they were offering. He wasn't concerned.

So, as soon as I finished the orbit I was on, I left the table, and cashed out every penny I have on PP. So what's the best affiliate program of the skins, or, if someone could just let me know the names of all the other skins available where I can look that info up for myself.

P.S. Crossposted in the STT forum.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Officially done with Party. What\'s the best skin affiliate program?

I've been having similar routing issues, where one table refuses to recognize my actions, yet I can see the rest of the action at the table unfold, and my other 3 tables are working just fine. Party assured me that it was a connectivity problem on my end, and that its not their fault. Nice to see that a bunch of their customers are spontaneously having single table connectivity issues that aren't their fault.

I don't know if you're going to have more success with any of the other skins' customer support when the same thing happens to you there. But I'd look for a Eurobet/Empire/Pokernow affiliate. Don't bother with Intertops or Multi.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Officially done with Party. What\'s the best skin affiliate program?

PokerNow hasn't given me any problems
Old 02-18-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Officially done with Party. What\'s the best skin affiliate progra

of the 5 other Party skins, Empire, Eurobet, and PokerNow are your best options for rakeback. Empire is probably your best bet, as they have some kind of VIP program which I believe is easier to get into/accumulate points for if you play higher level SNGs. Empire also tends to have the best rakeback offers. Check out these sites for lists of rakeback offers/affiliates: 2+2 Classifieds , MoondoggPoker Affiliates , and Rake Rebate Review . many of the affiliates listed on those sites are respected 2+2 posters; you should be able to get a good deal and trustworthy affiliate.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:40 PM

Default I have had a few problems also

I have had a few problems with empire and party. Even though I was connected to the internet and running pokerroom.com fine, party or empire had said i timed out during a hand. This has happened to me twice in 5 months. But unfortunately it happend in NL table when I had AA and KK.
IN the AA hand myself and another player raised each other back and forth. Furtunately i put myself all in before my empire window disappeared. I didnt see his call. I still won the hand. In this case other internet windows were connected.

IN the KK hand it was again preflop and I raised 10BB and was reraised. Immediately I received a disconnect notice. Immediately I reconnected. Total elapsed time < 30 seconds.
It didnt matter. It did not allow me reconnection time to respond to the reraise. It said I timed out - not disconnected. I could understand if it took me along time to reconnect that my hand would be folded. I was not disconnected long. I noticed that sometimes players get extra reconnect time.
Not sure why I didnt get reconnect time. It is rare but problems do occur for me. Running XP and firewall.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Officially done with Party. What\'s the best skin affiliate progra

Definitely go with Empire or Eurobet. There are rakeback offers for both of those skins over 30%, and I'm sure with the amount you play, you'll get all the best affiliates pm'ing you.