Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: another AK vs tight player

Okay, makes sense. I could see him not having A's there. Though I would cap with K's there myself.

And if I was villian and had KK and flopped that, I might smooth call the flop and wait for the turn to raise.

Anyway I think you played it fine, against a looser player I lead the river and call one raise.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i wasn't sure if calling this down was such a great idea in retrospect.

[/ QUOTE ]

40 hands doesn't make a read. And you have a huge hand here heads up. You're behind 1 combination of KK and 3 combinations of AA (assuming he's not playing something wacky like 44 or 55).
Old 08-05-2005, 05:15 PM

The fact that he didn't cap pf tells me he either has AK, KK, or QQ/JJ. KQ is a slight possibility I suppose.

Both raises puzzle me. I think he would have definately capped with AA pf. Only logical hands are AK and KK to me. Seems he'd fold or just call down QQ or JJ.

Based on his aggresiveness I think you played this one fine, as I don't think he'd raise a flush draw on the turn, so he won't check it through on the river. I'd expect to lose to KK or split with AK.

Edit: after reading the post...Surprised he flipped over KQ. Like I said it was a possibility. At least now you have a bit more info on his raising standards.

Also I always seem to forget the cominations possible of cards. It's very important. Since you hold a K, then KK is a lot less likely, especially with the other one out there. Of course you still have to be careful.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:32 PM

well i read your post, but i'm not sure how aggressive he would be, but anybody think about donkbetting this river and folding to a raise? like i said though, i guess this depends on how aggressive he would be with TP or less, but just a question/thought all the same [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]