FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 01:49 AM

Default What\'s your pet peeve?

Really slow drivers that have no perception of what is going on around them

anyone that rates women numerically

and yours?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: What\'s your pet peeve?

People who block really long escalators instead of walking up/down them.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny you mention this 'cause I was just thinking the same yesterday as I was going through the terminals of Minneapolis Airport. They have those long moving walkways, and for some reason there were about half a dozen clowns who just ended up standing wherever they were, inspite of WALK and STAND being painted about every five feet on the left/right sides of the walkway. It wasn't like the people were all standing on the left either, some were, and others were kind of standing right in the middle etc. Ultimately I just crashed through each and everyone, making sure I bumped them all with my bag, and mumbling apologies as I did it.

Swede
Old 11-11-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You go to Georgetown, right? I think that "stand right, walk left" is a DC Metro area thing, specifically referring to escalators. I'm not a world traveler or anything like that, but DC is the only place I've been where people walk up the escalators. I've gotten a lot of strange looks from people as I try to pass them on my way up in other cities.

-McGee
Old 11-11-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You go to Georgetown, right? I think that "stand right, walk left" is a DC Metro area thing, specifically referring to escalators. I'm not a world traveler or anything like that, but DC is the only place I've been where people walk up the escalators. I've gotten a lot of strange looks from people as I try to pass them on my way up in other cities.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, never realized that - DC is the only city I've lived in for a prolonged period (I go to GWU).

Mine is also DC-specific, but can be applied elsewhere: people who are waiting to get onto a Metro train and crowd around the doors, then back off when the doors open, suddenly realizing that the people crowded around the door inside the car actually wanted to get out.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:48 PM

1) Not sure if it's the same thing, but I hate it when people get off escalators and just stand there looking left and right while everyone else runs into them.

2) People who get to the front of a long line at McDonalds and then look up at the menu trying to decide what they want. The menu hasn't changed in 10 years. When I go to McDonalds, I pretty much know the instant I decide to go what I want.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who get to the front of a long line at McDonalds and then look up at the menu trying to decide what they want. The menu hasn't changed in 10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Let me see.....I'll have one of your.....ummmmmm.....no, changed my mind......hmmm, do you have one of those Whoppers?"

Yes, I am particularly discomfited when this occurs. But this also applies to any line at a fastfood or convenience store when the people in front of you have been waiting 10 minutes and only when they get to the front do they start rummaging around for some form of payment. Women are particularly bad for this. I'll call that number 3.

Which brings me to 2) any man who pays by interac for a purchase less than ten dollars. This deserves a smack upside the head. This is not some futuristic Star Trek utopian cashless society we live in. Use hard currency, dink.

And my number one pet peeve....crackheads. There are a lot of crackheads around my neighbourhood. But today I took the subway to work and a tall, smelly, crackhead was staggering around asking for change during rush hour. We got to a stop and when the doors chimed to close the crackhead tried to run out. He was tall, kind of stooped over and the doors closed perfectly on his head like some kind of horizontal double guillotine. On our subway this actually kind of hurts when you just get your chest or gut smacked by these closing doors before they spring back. So, the crackhead howled in pain and I laughed out loud for about 3 stops, but noone else saw the humour in this for some reason. Oh well, made my day.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2005, 01:55 AM

Stupidity
Old 11-11-2005, 01:57 AM

People not getting something the first time. Ask anyone who has gone through basic training: when you have to pull Fire Guard all night because some [censored] doesnt understand how to make his rack, you get pretty pissed.

And I've found basic ruined me in that way for dealing with everybody else as well.