Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: WPT Season 3 DVD

They must have something against the online sites.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe they did the season 3 "best of" as a holiday season type of thing? That would seem to be the best reason for WPTE to pull off a stunt like that to generate revenue for this quarter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be surprised if they re-released the whole season at some point. We'll see.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG I had ordered this off of Amazon last week and I didn't even notice it's a "Best of". What bullshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I picked it up today at Best Buy anyway. The deleted hands on some of the episodes will be interesting I think. At least I hope so.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:47 AM

Anyone find out whats up yet? Are there episodes missing? Is there another set coming?
Old 11-03-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone find out whats up yet? Are there episodes missing? Is there another set coming?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my post from the top. Those are events on the DVD.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The WPT Championship, LA Poker Classic, Borgata, Paris, Foxwoods, Tunica, Legends of Poker and Bay 101 are the only events in the set.

There are also deleted hands from certain events.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bay 101 Shooting Stars event is, by far, the most entertaining WPT show ever. Danny Nguyen's win was a blast.

It's being rerun on TV right now and I'm struck by how cool and respectful Danny was when he put that horrible beat holding A7 aginst his opponent's AK on the A,5,5 flop. There was no ridiculous screaming or celebrating from him. That's the way he acted throughout the show.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:52 AM

im dissappointed that they didn't include all the episodes, but the ones they do include are pretty damn good, so its hard to complain too much
Old 11-03-2005, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The WPT Championship, LA Poker Classic, Borgata, Paris, Foxwoods, Tunica, Legends of Poker and Bay 101 are the only events in the set.

There are also deleted hands from certain events.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bay 101 Shooting Stars event is, by far, the most entertaining WPT show ever. Danny Nguyen's win was a blast.

It's being rerun on TV right now and I'm struck by how cool and respectful Danny was when he put that horrible beat holding A7 aginst his opponent's AK on the A,5,5 flop. There was no ridiculous screaming or celebrating from him. That's the way he acted throughout the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think that was very entertaining at all. There was little to no thought process during the entire show. Corey tried his hardest to look like a douche bag, the doctor guy was a donk, and Danny was terrible. When I watch poker I don't enjoy watching repeated all-in showdowns. It's like watching celebrity poker.