Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 01:34 PM

Default I love variance.

Full ring game. Blinds are loose. The whole damn table is fishy. 5 players limp to me. I'm on the button holding

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I raise.

Anybody else do the same thing?
Old 11-26-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: I love variance.

yes, but I'm starting to doubt the value of it.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:34 PM

We're contributing 12.5% of the pot and are only 6% to hit the flush by the river. I don't think we can value raise here because on flush value alone. I wait for the flop, if I'm 4 flushed I jam the pot for value. I'll also stick around for the turn with a pair and backdoor.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We're contributing 12.5% of the pot and are only 6% to hit the flush by the river. I don't think we can value raise here because on flush value alone. I wait for the flop, if I'm 4 flushed I jam the pot for value. I'll also stick around for the turn with a pair and backdoor.

[/ QUOTE ]
what about 245 flops, 33x flops, A3x flops, AAA/333 flops, and simply Axx flops?
Old 11-26-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about this? A fair share of a seven way pot is around about 14.3%. Axs will win more than this. Izmet Fekali ran this hand in this situation 100,000 times using turbo sims. Axs won 20.4% of the pots. So not raising in this situation costs you money.
The other nice thing about this play is that players who know a little bit but not a lot will instantly classify you as a maniac. Hello action.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:03 PM

I was using 8 players since you said both blinds were loose. 5 limpers + 2 blinds + you = 8 players.

Responding to the other post, the wheel is less than 1% as are the 33x etc flops. All together they might make up a few points.

You're building the pot which might encourage others to stick around while you make your hand. You'll certainly be able to raise for value if you pick up a 4 flush on the flop. With this many people and the pot that big, you might be able to raise for value on the turn even if you miss.

I think this is one of those situations that Ed would say doesn't really matter that much in the long run.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about this? A fair share of a seven way pot is around about 14.3%. Axs will win more than this. Izmet Fekali ran this hand in this situation 100,000 times using turbo sims. Axs won 20.4% of the pots. So not raising in this situation costs you money.
The other nice thing about this play is that players who know a little bit but not a lot will instantly classify you as a maniac. Hello action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get more action then I want in the games that I play in.

I also think that raising in this spot promotes tilt. My own tilt not the tables. You're getting good odds to just limp along, might as well take them IMO.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:36 PM

Depends...Have I been raising pretty tight before this and showing down the goods? If so, then yeah. If I've been getting out of line a bit, and have been caught at it, then prolly not (but if I've been getting out of line, then I might just raise without thinking)

-Jaran
Old 11-26-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends...Have I been raising pretty tight before this and showing down the goods? If so, then yeah. If I've been getting out of line a bit, and have been caught at it, then prolly not (but if I've been getting out of line, then I might just raise without thinking)

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're basing your decision on perceived table image rather than possible +EV play? My question is, is this play profitable in the long term against this type of table?
Old 11-26-2005, 01:44 PM

I think it's just slightly +EV, and thus if my image is such that I can't steal the occasional pot when I miss, then I'm less apt to make the play.

-Jaran