Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Heads up with aggro 2+2er

His image: Very aggressive. He raises any two on the button, reraises any Ax, Kx, pair, or two broadway cards from BB. On later streets, Villain is capable of just about anything (as long as it involves betting, raising, reraising, check-raising -- he seems to hate calling or folding).

My image: I call preflop OOP more than I raise, I raise my button ~2/3 of the time, complete ~1/3 of the time. According to Villain I am "tight aggro who will call [him] down more often based on [his] aggressivness."

Villain typically raises to 0.25 from the button preflop, bets 0.5 on the flop if checked to.

Blinds $0.05/0.1. I have $35, Villain covers.
i'm in big blind with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Villain raises to 0.25, I call.

Flop (0.5): K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
I check, Villain bets pot, I call.

Turn (1.5): Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
I bet 1.25, Villain raises to 3, I reraise to 10, Villain thinks and then pushes. Hero ...?

I think I played the turn especially poorly. Villain's range is pretty wide when he raises to 3 on the turn, but it narrows significantly once he reraises. Thoughts?

-J.A.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Heads up with aggro 2+2er

Can you explain your reasoning for calling the flop?
Old 11-11-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain your reasoning for calling the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. Villain's range is still very wide. I'm not sure I'm even behind at this point, and since he's so aggressive I expect to get paid off if I hit my gutshot. So I figure if I'm behind I have 4 outs to a straight, a backdoor flush draw, and a chance that pair outs are good. Villain could be betting anything from 8 high to pocket kings here. I have a few lines open to me on the turn -- also, if he has complete air or a weak draw, he will often check behind on the turn, so I'll have a better idea where things stand by the way the turn plays out.

-J.A.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:43 AM

call the raise on the turn, lead river for 3/4 pot

3-bet is bad there, you scare even trips there
Old 11-11-2005, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call the raise on the turn, lead river for 3/4 pot

3-bet is bad there, you scare even trips there

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree the 3-bet was horrible. could you explain the reason for this line a little more to me? Thanks.