Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: There\'s been talk on these boards of Party implementing some sort

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do agree with your one point though, why would Party offer rakeback to everyone? Makes no sense...

[/ QUOTE ]

For one thing, it would make everyone feel good, even the players who don't know anything about rakeback at this point. If nothing else, Party would benefit from this being spread by word of mouth. Second, they could structure it in a way that the low volume players get a negligible percentage, but something nonetheless. The high volume players would get a higher percentage. Third, and most importantly, once they notice, a lot of players would have the incentive to start playing more hands because of this, which would generate more rake for Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crikey, this is what I suggested that PokerStars do about 3 months ago.

If party does it and succeeds, someone should hire me as an analyst.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is GENIUS. It seems so easy but they should do it!! They have market share of the online poker community right now. They have 40-50K people on there site at any given time and another (at last report) about 750k (active/inactive) accounts. A mass e-mail promotion might bring out some of the inactive accounts and bring ALL of the players from the other skins back to Party. Party wins and makes ALL THE MONEY. Party would be making a huge mistake to not be presenting this option tomorrow as their answer to rakeback.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:25 PM

doesn't work

u need to segment ur market into people who will pay full price and those who will only pay a discounted rake and get the business of both

if u do across-the-board rakeback, then they give more rakeback total, cause everyone gets that discount...better to get full price from the 70k fish and the discounted price from the high volume 'pros'
Old 10-11-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if u do across-the-board rakeback, then they give more rakeback total,

[/ QUOTE ]

True but if by doing this you generate a larger player base and more play it could lead to more revenue than not doing it.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: There\'s been talk on these boards of Party implementing some sort of

Any sort of 'loyalty reward program' offered by PP would probably be very weak like their points program. I'm not holding my breath for this until I get the final word. I don't have much faith in party that they'll offer anything close to a 25% rakeback deal.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:37 PM

fish don't know or care about rake or rakeback, or they'd not be on party right now...they'd be on other sites with lower rake or skins with rakeback...

the people who care about rakeback find it (the price sensitive folks) and those who don't go without it...so party gets full price for them

examples:

a) some golf ball makers sell 'faulty balls' with an X marked on them...they sell for lower price than the exact same ball without the magic marker X on it...that's the only difference in the balls...the people who are willing to pay full price pay full price and those looking for bargains pay the lower price for the same ball

b) electronics makers sell 'refurbished' goods...they aren't always refurbished, but just sold that way because price sensitive people won't buy the product for full price but will for the lower price...

c) celeron processors are sold for lower price to those who are sensitive to price...those who aren't buy the faster pentiums

d) if u haggle for a car u pay less...if u don't, u pay more

e) coupons in the sunday paper

there are 1000s of examples...it's simple economics
Old 10-11-2005, 10:40 PM

Default They have implemented it!

I got an email offering this from party today. Basically the same deal as the original pop-up.... BUT the terms in the email are much more favorable.

I only need to play approx 40% of the hands per the email than I do per the popup. Whereas the amount paid was only 25% less.

Example: (making up #'s but using same ratio. ONLY the ratio comparing the popup and the email are accurate. I'm not getting $3 for every 40 hands)

Popup says I play 100 hands and get $4.
Email says I play 40 hands and get $3.

Furthermore, the email states that this will happen EVERY month. And that there is no cap on what I can make (whereas it seemed as if there was a cap on the popup) Email states there's no cap by saying "You get $xx if you reach this many hands, of course if you exceed those hands you will be rewarded as well" There's no stating whether the reward is equal to the original offer, I planned on calling tommorrow to find out/barter.

They also included the direct line of a representative I'm dealing with.

I'm a 4 tabler who had just recently switched over to Intertops about 2.5 months ago. I switched back over to party just in the past few days. I did not know that you could close your account so I was kicking myself that I started back up on Party when I could have simply signed up for an affiliate. But I got this email the next day.

The email was prefaced by "we miss you at Party Poker" so its anyone's guess as to what that means to the general public.

I worked out the stats and its about 6.6 cents per raked hand. Slightly less than I was getting on Intertops, but about what I would have gotten under an affiliate offering 20% back to me on Party. I have no idea what % of the hands I play per hour are raked however.

EDIT: I completely missed this when I read the email beforehand. "Knowing that you have left us for another web site that has offered you incentives, I firmly believe that I can make you a better bonus offer to return to PartyPoker.com."
Old 10-11-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: They have implemented it!

so...party will give you 6-7ptbb/100 for playing the 50nl tables? does this make sense?
Old 10-11-2005, 10:47 PM

paying you six cents per raked hand. For me I get about 350 hands/hr in (4 tabling 6 max limit) so about $20 an hour if all the hands were raked. As I said, I have no idea what % of my hands are raked. I'm guessing about 75% of the hands are, so about $15/hr for me.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:53 PM

ahh...still seems okay...damn, I didnt get that email...bastages!
Old 10-11-2005, 10:56 PM

It wasn't marked as from Party Poker, it was sent from the representative. I almost didn't open it because the title of it was "Very Important" and I thought it was Spam.