Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 08:28 AM

Default Red Sox fans are now just as bad as Yankee fans.

I hate them both evenly at this point. But the Red Sox may pull ahead before the end of the year.

I am a White Sox fan, born and raised in Chicago, and this obsession with Boston sickens me. You hadn't won a World Series in 80 years...big F'in deal. Neither have we! My Sox never even get close. I'd take a dozen playoff heartbreaks rather than the crap I have to live with.

I hate Manny Ramirez, the fact that he makes more anually than our entire starting infield combined, and that the nationial sports media covers him more than my team, which is by far the best in baseball. I hate Johnny Damon, because he's largely been a mediocre center fielder for his entire career. Does anyone even remember him on KC? I do, and he wasn't that good. Curt Schilling: being the 10th best right handed starter of your generation doesn't make you the Jesus Christ of baseball.

The giant payroll, the fairweather fans, Bill Simmons devoting his entire career to the Red Sox, Big Papi (who still has a total of merely 2 productive seasons), people named Trot, Keith Foulke (who as any White Sox fan will tell you was over the hill two years ago and cannot come in during the 8th inning), and Tim Wakefield. F all of you.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Red Sox fans are now just as bad as Yankee fans.

dude, chill out.

and while you're at it, take off your Windy City blinders. the white sox are good, but they ain't that good.

oh, and by my count, ortiz is in the middle of his 4th productive season...damon was pretty damn good in 98/99 in KC...and in what universe are you in where Schilling is only the 10th best of his generation?
Old 08-06-2005, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I Keith Foulke (who as any White Sox fan will tell you was over the hill two years ago and cannot come in during the 8th inning)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that why he was so terrible in 2003 and 2004? Oh wait... those were two of his best years.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate Manny Ramirez, the fact that he makes more anually than our entire starting infield combined,

[/ QUOTE ]
what does this have to do with Red Sox fans? and why are you upset up this all of a sudden?

[ QUOTE ]
Curt Schilling: being the 10th best right handed starter of your generation doesn't make you the Jesus Christ of baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you don't understand why Curt Schilling is popular in Boston, you're probably not aware of what happened in last years playoffs and World Series.

[ QUOTE ]
The giant payroll

[/ QUOTE ]

what does this have to do with fans?

[ QUOTE ]
Bill Simmons devoting his entire career to the Red Sox

[/ QUOTE ]

he's been writing about the same topics since at least 1997 - nothing new here. he was bostonsportsguy.com for years before we was ESPN's "Sports Guy".

[ QUOTE ]
Big Papi (who still has a total of merely 2 productive seasons)

[/ QUOTE ]

he's been an MVP candidate ever since he started playing full-time for the Sox.

[ QUOTE ]
people named Trot

[/ QUOTE ]
huh? you don't like Red Sox fans named Trot? Because I don't know any.

[ QUOTE ]
Keith Foulke (who as any White Sox fan will tell you was over the hill two years ago and cannot come in during the 8th inning)

[/ QUOTE ]

go ask the Yankees if he can come in in the 8th inning. again, I have no idea what this has to do with Red Sox fans.

[ QUOTE ]
Tim Wakefield

[/ QUOTE ]

universally repected by teamates, opponents, media, and fans. good guy to hate.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:39 AM

Let me guess, we have a few Red Sox fans in the house? Big surprise. I'm sure you are all lifelong diehards.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me guess, we have a few Red Sox fans in the house? Big surprise. I'm sure you are all lifelong blowhards .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:05 PM

amen brother.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:17 PM

And they're likely to get worse after the good sox beat the bad sox in the playoffs(not me, I'll stay humble). Afraid you're going to have to learn to live with it.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:30 PM

Yankee fans tend to get all worked up when criticized.

I, for one, don't give a [censored] what you think. I'm still just so happy they pulled it off last year, while achieving the greatest comeback in the history of professional sports against a team I am genetically programmed to hate.

Rage, rage, against the dying of the light!
Old 08-06-2005, 01:09 PM

I just hate ESPN and the national media. Although the attitude is reflected in a board like this where Yankee/Boston discussion overshadows all else. The Yankees are the most overrated pile of overpaid crap ever assembled and Boston doesn't have the pitching to win a post season series as they lead the weakest division in baseball sans the NL west.

Yet according to ESPN and the national idiots the baseball sun rises and sets on these two overpaid franchises. Theres lots of other teams and divisions with lots better baseball than you will see out of these two bloated teams. Personally since Baltimaore crashed and burned I'm rooting for a Toronto surprise to catch fire and win the East. Too bad Halliday got hurt. I'd be real happy to see neither of these teams in the playoffs. The talking heads at espn would be speechless and have no idea who to slobber over.