Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 11:59 PM

Default Depositing into a friend\'s account with MY Neteller Account?

Is this sort of thing OK?

Would Neteller or the poker site [in this case, Pokerstars] mind that I'm funding my friend's account with my *own* Neteller account? I remember reading something about mailing addresses and names needing to match up somewhere, but I'm not sure if that applies in this case.

Can't find any threads that mention this specific case. Also, the search feature on this board isn't the greatest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris
Old 07-27-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Depositing into a friend\'s account with MY Neteller Account?

Just transfer him the money on stars. I wouldn't think the Neteller thing would go over too well with them, although you could just email them and ask.

Unlike Party Poker, Stars will give you a straight answer that will most likely make sense.

Nigel
Old 07-27-2005, 12:05 AM

Is this sort of thing OK?

SURE! go for it.

set up ALL the accounts you need and fund from a single NETeller. no problem. hey, it's not like the friend is bogus or a partner or anything, right?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:08 AM

I would not try this. I think it would be wiser to

1) Tranfer money peer to peer via Neteller. There will be a small fee though. If yr friend does not have a Neteller account have him open one. They are free and pretty easy to start.

2) Transfer real money to yr friend on the poker site as a player to player x-fer.

As a method of giving a friend money, doing what you are thinking is not the smart way to go IMO. That is, of course, assuming this is legit. If it is legit I see no reason not to do one of the above options.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:56 AM

Don't know for certain about PokerStars, but it's definitely not ok on PartyPoker. A couple years ago I opened and seeded an account for my father. Within two days the account was suspended -- documentation had to be provided, notarized letters sent, etc. And, of course, I was no longer allowed to put money into more than one account.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:33 AM

I have funded both mine and my fathers PokerStar's account from my Neteller. We have both had accounts for 3-4 years. Neither of us have ever had a problem We do not abuse the bonues system as my father rarely partakes in bonuses. I have several hundred pending while he always plays there without a pending bonus.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 03:52 AM

When people are thinking about setting up multiple accounts for themselves in order to take advantage of bonuses offered to them, why do they always ask if it's ok to do this for their "friend?" Why do they even ask?
Old 07-27-2005, 04:21 AM

Hm.
Thanks for your help?

:/.

I can understand the skepticism I guess, but just branding everyone a liar and a cheat on sight doesn't seem fair to me.

-Chris
Old 07-27-2005, 04:25 AM

Greg,

Thanks for the sound advice.
Neteller to Neteller transactions seem to carry with them a 1.9% fee, so I'd prefer to avoid that if possible. The friend wants to take advantage of a bonus offer at Pokerstars [I can see people rolling their eyes at me], however, so just doing transferring him the money from my Pokerstars account to his won't do him any good.

We've emailed support at Pokerstars, like someone else in this thread suggested, and will basically just abide by whatever they dictate.