Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Rebuy strategy: do you ever stop rebuying?

I did a 2+0 speed rebuy on party today. After the rebuy period ended 75% of the field was gone. I only survived this far because I rebought 28 times. Is it correct to go all in many times trying to double up in multiway pots? Would you ever give up and stop rebuying? I calculated that of the remaining players after the rebuy period their average investment was 48. Mine was 56 and my stack was lower than the average. I have looked for rebuy strategys on this forum does any one have a link to a good one?
Old 12-25-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Rebuy strategy: do you ever stop rebuying?

I believe Mason has some stuff on rebuys in one or more of his Essays books.

You are asking two different questions: how to play in a rebuy tournament, and whether to rebuy when you go broke. I'll leave the strategy to others, but if you have any shot at the money, it seems like a rebuy would always be correct.

Just ask yourself, if I was not already in this game, would I like to get in and play for that prize pool for $2? If you have busted out and can rebuy, you are essentially buying into a new game. The prize pool is what it is, and the fact that some of the money in it used to be yours is not relevant, unless that is an indication that you can't beat this game. (But after 28 rebuys, I might consider that I am missing something. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 12-25-2005, 06:22 PM

I would say get in a higher buy-in tourney in the first place.

$2 x 28 could have been deployed a lot better.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:31 PM

you realize that "standard rebuy strategy" does not apply to a SPEED REBUY tourney? Different animals.