Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-28-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Call 2 bets w/ flush draw and gutshot on turn?

Table is 40/8

Button = 46/0/.68 after 70 hands

Flop: I don't know whether to bet or check here. Is a bet here some sort of semi-bluff to knock out other people or am I betting to build a pot? Was it ok to check here and try to get to the next street cheaply?

Turn: Is this an easy fold to two bets here on the turn? I think my gutshot straight probably wouldnt be good, but what about making my flush and the implied odds I would get on the river if I hit?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ?, BB calls, CO folds.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Call 2 bets w/ flush draw and gutshot on turn?

I usually semi bluff with my draws. Given your line, I'd raise the flop once it comes back and lead the turn.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:50 AM

With button's raise, you can probably discount your straight draw and your queen outs so you've got nothing but spades, and the 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] might even be tainted vs sets. Otherwise, most spades will work for you. So we're looking at 7-9 outs, 4:1 to call which isn't enough given you probably have 16-20% equity here. There's also a chance BB reraises and then you've just been conned into playing your draw unprofitably.

This decision is very close with implied odds working in your favor. You have to lead a spade river. The 5s probably work against you because they probably make you call with a losing straight (or best case scenario, it gets checked through and you win with no additional bets). I'm leaning towards fold on account of possible reraises on the turn. Closing the action, calling is good. You make up the small lack of pot odds with implied odds as long as you don't pay off a queen river (a 5 I don't know how to play... call if BB bets or fold if Button bets).
Old 12-28-2005, 02:03 PM

Please don't fold
Old 12-28-2005, 04:31 PM

bet the flop with a flush draw, a backdoor straight draw, and an overcard....you're gonna hit one of your draws more than 1 in four times (a check raise might even be better in order to clean up the Q draw)....then bet the turn

With the way you started the hand I think the correct thing to do is call and hope it doesn't get reraised.