Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 03:40 PM

Default 2 big pair hands

Both of these hands took place at a party 2/4 6 max game. First hand opponent is unknown and I had only been at the table for roughly 10 mins. I had been laggin it up quite a bit though. Anyways, here's hand one. I have 416, SB has me covered. I have KK on the button and make it 18 to go behind one limper. The SB then makes it 76 to go. I call.

FLOP Q,Q,2 rainbow

SB bets 150 and I call.

TURN Q

SB bets 150, I just shove in my remaining 36.

HAND 2 same table, different villian. Villian in this hand was pretty tight. On to the hand, I have QQ on the button CO makes it 10 to go and I repop it to 40. The SB thinks for like 10-12 seconds and then calls. CO folds.

FLOP J,4,6 rainbow

SB checks and I bet 70. SB check raises all in and I fold.

In hand one I was really unsure where I was at, I figured I was only behind AA and ahead of hands like 99-JJ, which I thought to be in his range.

In hand two, I can't think of a hand I am ahead here. There is no way he plays AJ this way, and AA/KK/JJ are very distinct possibilities. He was tight like I said and used up just about all of my time before I laid it down. Thoughts?

SGS
Old 12-05-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: 2 big pair hands

Hand 1 looks standard, especially if you've been lagging it up. Yeah you are beat quite a bit, but overall it looks +EV. 2nd fold looks good too. He's either got a total bluff, a set or AA.

-SmileyEH
Old 12-05-2005, 04:10 PM

I like your play in both hands. I don't think you can really play either one differently.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:48 PM

If SB had a full stack in hand 2, I think it is fine. Hand 1 is fine too.

Dumle