Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: $10-25 NL - two pair facing a lot of resistance

With a laggy image i think a fold is giving up too much. The LP raise could easily look like TT to the utg to the villain.

Also, if I was the villain and I had JTc, or 65c or whatever then I'm getting it in there too. In this case its not that important that its an unraised pot when you are pushing with a big draw with that, because you always have equity and vs a laggy player, you have fold equity by pushing vs the button raise.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:50 PM

I was thinking flush draw as well. I don't know the math, is it +EV to go all in with two clubs and a gutshot? I'd prefer to be open ended. However, I am more inclined to think bottom set. He's representing that hand to prevent the OP, who is in position, from representing it later on a bluff. For example, OP raised him. If he just calls, then the flush or straight card hits, OP can represent it. I think if he had the flush and/or straight draw, he'd call the bet and let the OP fire again on the turn and the villain would trap at that point. I think his all-in is his way of protecting his bottom set from the possible flush/straight draws.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:53 PM

true, and he's more inclined to get it in on the flop with a set because of the danger involved in letting the guy in the middle see a turn. Still, I can't get away from this.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:56 PM

So the general consensus is to call. A friend of mine who plays high suggested smooth-calling the flop as an alternate line and taking it from there.

He didn't have the time to explain why, as he was running out, but what do you guys think about simply calling the flop and taking it from there? It doesn't seem like a very good idea to me, personally, but what do I know ...

-ZeroHour
Old 09-07-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I had bottom set..... i'd...... i don't know what i'd do i'd probably muck it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is unspeakably bad.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the general consensus is to call. A friend of mine who plays high suggested smooth-calling the flop as an alternate line and taking it from there.

He didn't have the time to explain why, as he was running out, but what do you guys think about simply calling the flop and taking it from there? It doesn't seem like a very good idea to me, personally, but what do I know ...

-ZeroHour

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this is an option, but not the best one given people in the middle. it's more like if you get checkraised here and it's HU you take a turn so hands like T8c and the like wont have such aneven equity advantage.

anyway, this is a real easy call...

I dont know whats up with the board lately, alot of people advocate folding when folding is weak and bad and wrong and all that. i call too much but this isn't a good spot to look to make a nice laydown.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put him on that makes this a <font color="black"> </font>really easy call?

-ZeroHour
Old 09-07-2005, 10:41 PM

FOLD!!! its the right thing to do. However, that being said, i would call but im an [censored] and that is my biggest leak. i see 33 there or perhaps a straight flush draw
Old 09-07-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put him on that makes this a <font color="black"> </font>really easy call?

-ZeroHour

[/ QUOTE ]

YUCK, I just posted a reply and it got erased. It boils down to this. Your hand needs around 36% equity to make it break even, (it's like 1860 to win 5300) you said he's very laggy. There are tons of draws, (T8c, 56c, JTc, even AXc or T8raw or similar lesser draws) possible overplayed hands (A9, TT, who knows) the same hand is very possible...

And only one combo of 99/77 each. 33 you have a little bit of equity anyways.

I dont like raising the flop if you were going to drop to an allin.

BTW, Im more or less restating prevacator's post.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Results

I didn't have a good feeling about this one ... thought about it for a while and then decided to let it go and live to fight another day.

Turned out I was wrong and you guys were right - he was a nice guy and typed "I don't usually show, but here it is" and showed down 5c-6c. I politely thanked him and, once again, thought that it's a good thing that I still have a day job.

Thanks for all the advice - appreciate it! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

-ZeroHour