Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 02:27 AM

Default [help] Neteller for Quebecer ( Canada Province) using \"Desjardins\".

I am asking this to people using "Caisse desjardins" and "Acces D".

I have tried to ask Neteller but they don't really make any dinstinction between Bank and caisse and desjardins does not seem to know about Neteller.

Problems : I am registering for Online Check ( EFT).

1-They ask me my account number ( I guess it is my folio?)

2- The name of the bank( ok its easy here, no problem)

3- They give me the check image and where I must enter the number(on the bottom of checks) of my checks and the couple of weird sign. I copy exactly what I see. But, I get an error : They say my account number does not appear anywhere on the number I put ( which is false, but I think I know why)

: on my check, there is 1 digit after and before my account name ( example : my account number is 12345, on my check it will be 0123[weird sign]345[weird sign]6[weird sign]

4- So, to resolve the problem , I go into the manually input number. The 2 numbers to indify the financial institut is easy, but when I put the number of my account ( the second part on the bottom of my check), do it enter :
a- 12345
or
b-0123456

???

Sorry for the long and very complicated post. If someone from Quebec or using Desjardins has once did this process, please help me.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: [help] Neteller for Quebecer ( Canada Province) using \"Desjardins\"

Bump ^
Old 06-08-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: [help] Neteller for Quebecer ( Canada Province) using \"Desjardins\"

You need to enter the whole account number (including the checksum digit). I'm not 100% sure cause it's been a long time but I think, they make the random cents deposit to confirm your account. I use only Party EFTs now anyway since you get a 2% better conversion rate
Old 06-08-2005, 02:24 PM

OK, well I hope it works. It sucks to wait 4-5 days each time if it doesn't work.

Neteller should really try to get information about other financial institut than "bank".
Old 06-08-2005, 02:26 PM

blame canada.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: [help] Neteller for Quebecer ( Canada Province) using \"Desjardins\".

I'd suggest you just open an account at one of the "big 5" (royal, scotia, motreal, CIBC, or TD) and use that for Neteller.
10 minutes of your time to go in and open an account versus hours of frustration and days of waiting to resolve your current issue.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: [help] Neteller for Quebecer ( Canada Province) using \"Desjardins\".

I had no problems using Desjardins at Neteller. Took a couple days to get deposit and I was good to go.

I think I entered the whole thing for the account number.
Unfortunately, I don't have a Desj check around to verify for sure.

Good luck [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 03:50 PM

Oh great ! A reassuring post [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And I did enter the whole check, so I'll see in few days it it's work.

I am glad to see that a desjardins users is running it smootly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

thanks for all reply!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, well I hope it works. It sucks to wait 4-5 days each time if it doesn't work.

Neteller should really try to get information about other financial institut than "bank".

[/ QUOTE ]

Desjardins is a bank like any other, the only difference is that it is owned by its members.

Ceci n'est pas un probleme, c'est un utilisateur perdu