Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: im in satellite bubble hell - EPT rebuy sat

[ QUOTE ]
these rebuy turbo satellites are my favorite game by far right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
I love these rebuy turbo supersats too. I especially like the $22R turbo for the $700k guaranteed on stars because there is so much dead money due to people dropping out before the rebuy period is over.

[ QUOTE ]
and not get a beat put on me.

[/ QUOTE ]
This, of course, is the key at the end.

[ QUOTE ]

after some thought i think i have to push because theres a very good chance the short stacks dont bust out on the next round and then im in the blind nearly all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Recently, when I have been in situations like this (OTB with a very strong hand, along with a short enough stack that I will be crippled within an orbit), I have been pushing them. I started doing this after I saw how many times the short stacks survived when they were forced all-in by the blinds. I won't push here without a strong pair J/J or higher, but I prefer it to watching the short stacks keep doubling up while I find myself forced in by the blinds the next round.

There are basically three short stacks at this table right now and you are one of them. In the next two hands you will lose half your stack and there is no guarantee that the other short stacks will bust out this round - but we do know that unless someone busts out ahead of you or you win at least one hand in the next 7, you will be forced all-in within an orbit. You have a very strong hand here and need some chips, so I think you have to play/push it.

ts-