Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 01:53 PM

Default alright. AK from blinds

here's some legit hands. touchup any areas if you wish. no reads, just sat down and don't normally play on stars or this limit.

i hate my play in hand 1, just so you know ahead.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

hand 2:

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 06-29-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: alright. AK from blinds

hand #1 3-bet the flop.

hand #2 not entirely sure, but check/folding the river couldn't be too wrong as this might be a Queen or pocket pair. but if he'd bluff at the river, calling isn't bad either.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:06 PM

Hand 1, 3-bet the flop. He could raising you with a king since he could have interpreted your flop bet as a continuation bet. If he calls, lead the hand. If he caps, call down or fold if he's especially tight.

Hand 2, flop and turn look fine. But once he bets the river, you have to be beat. Board isn't draw heavy, he's been calling down with a pair unless he's a complete fish. But if he's a fish, he probably won't bet then, although this is a spot fish like to bluff at. Pot's not especially big either, unless you know the person to be unusually aggressive, I find a fold here.

EDIT: Hand 2 I thought you had position on him. Doesn't change the hand much though except check/calling picks up a bluff more often. Betting will hardly ever work without a strong read so rarely do it. @bsolute_luck types faster than me.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:21 PM

Hand 1: Looking for a raise here, I would actually raise the turn. If you raised on the flop UTG1 and MP2 are still getting almost 10-1 on their call, calling the flop and check-raising the turn drops that to under 7-1, still not bad for many draws, but cutting into their profit anyway. If 3bet on the turn I'd call down. If just called I'd lead the river as long as it didn't complete the str8 draw w/ the KT.

Hand 2 is tough without reads...some people don't call all the way to the river without a piece, some do. This guy might have TT or JJ and was just nervous about the Q until you checked the river...the only hands I can put him on that you beat are AJ, AT, and KJ. Beating you is QJ, KQ, AQ, TT, JJ, even 99. I might fold the river.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:34 PM

Haven't seen other posts....

Hand 1:
3-bet this flop. You've got 2 callers trapped in there and this is a pretty raggedy board. It is unlikely that you are behind here so take their money. You also don't mind terribly if one of both of them drop as the pot is already fairly large.

Hand 2:
This looks pretty good. Your river check will often induce a bluff here and since the turn and river didn't change anything (if you were ahead on the flop you're ahead on the river) you have to call this river bet - you only need to be ahead 1 time in 7 or so and without a read this will easily be the case.

Alternatively you could check/fold the turn if your opponent is somewhat passive.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:38 PM

Hand 1: Check/Raise the turn. The pot has gotten fairly large and I think you have the best hand a large percentage of the time here. Force pocket pairs, tens, and QJ to pay two bets to see the river. I don't like 3-betting the flop because you can't really force anyone to make a mistake by calling two more in that spot.

Hand 2: It's read dependant, but I think I might check/fold the turn. You'll see something like 88-JJ a lot of the time, and maybe even a weak Q. If you're going to bet the turn, bet the river and fold to a raise.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:49 PM

Hand 1:

With UTG (the initial PF raiser) calling your flop bet, it was likely that you had the best hand. CO raising could possibly have meant 2 pair, a set, Kx, an underpair or perhaps an OESD.

I think that 3-betting might have increased your chances of playing this hand HU against CO.

Then if CO calls, you can lead out on both the turn and river. However if CO capped the flop, I would probably have called down also.

Hand 2:

You could easily be behind to a number of MP3's PF raising hands on this flop. Nonetheless, you had a backdoor flush to go with your overcards and the pot was big enough to justify a small flop bet.

However I think that I would have checked the turn as you no longer had odds to draw to top pair. And if MP3 bet, then I would have folded as I would consider that I was most likely behind and the pot was relatively small.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But once he bets the river, you have to be beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against certain opponents this is true, but against many of your opponents you can expect to be bluffed here very often when they miss the board or have Ace-High (hey I have trip 4's with AQ kickers). Checking the river shows weakness and if the only way your opponent can win is by betting...
Old 06-29-2005, 03:06 PM

Newbie posting without looking at the other responses.

Hand 1: Re-raise that flop. If he caps, then you can suspect trips and check-call. If he calls, bet the turn and river.

Hand 2: Not sure I do anything differently. He showed strength PF, but no aggression since then. I put him on a medium PP, most likely, but this is .25/.50 - almost anything is possible. I might consider folding the river, but I need to be behind 85% of the time. I probably would call, but that may be a leak.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:15 PM

Hand 1 is a no brainer flop 3bet.