Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 12:09 AM

Default I tried it, anybody like it

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed)

Table is loose, most of these players are playing any two cards, except for the rock and I. He and I had played together once before, as well.
converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
rock calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, rock checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">rock 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">rock bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds (so far, so good), rock ?

I was surprised by Rock's 3-bet on a nearly drawless board when he was the UTG limp opener, but decided maybe the best explanation was that he had JJ or QQ, but didn't want to raise preflop knowing that almost everyone at the table would play and he would be vulnerable to any A or K on the flop.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Re: I tried it, anybody like it

I think you will find that if a rock likes his hand this much on the flop on a semi-drawless board you are gonna be looking at better than top pair and possible TPTK (A10).

I cant see how this hand will work for you, assuming he doesnt limp JJ,QQ,KK,AA

he has to have a set. There is no 2 pair combo that a rock will play UTG that hit this flop. At best you will be looking at A10 or if u are really lucky K10s, so im not sure if i like this play.

Id say a set of 6's or 10's
Old 06-23-2005, 12:26 AM

If I had to put rock on a hand I'd put him on a set.

On the turn, you just raised a rock who check-3-betted the flop after your already poor hand became much worse. What are you doing? Fold the turn.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:29 AM

Raising is certainly better than calling twice. But if he comes over the top again, you're definitely done. And if you do this, you've got to bet the river if you want to have any chance of making him fold a better hand. If he has JJ or QQ, he's probably not folding to your turn raise.

But I don't really like it. You've barely got odds to draw to your 5 outs to snag trips or two pair, and you may not be able to fold out rock anyway if he has what you think he has. He might even have TT or a limped AA and you're drawing dead.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:33 AM

Whoa.

If a rock ch./3-bet TP/WK most likely isn't any good. I would most likely call, but I think the prudent play would be to fold as the best asset, the flush draw, totally missed.

A CR with trips is basically standard procedure from UTG, isn't it? Moreso from a rock. Limped 6's or 4's I'd guess.

Since you called, and I would most likely also even though I shouldn't, but I would be folding if I didn't improve my straight draw. Trips T's MIGHT give you a better hand, but I would guess the next T would give him a boat.

On the turn it's turning to spew IMO.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:35 AM

Outside of the blinds this rock only plays 10 percent of his hands. As with a lot of tight players, I don't think he limps small PP UTG.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
rock 3-bets

[/ QUOTE ]

Red flag here. Bail on the turn.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:42 AM

You keep using this word rock, I do not think you know what it means.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Outside of the blinds this rock only plays 10 percent of his hands. As with a lot of tight players, I don't think he limps small PP UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, TT then. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 01:36 AM

raise preflop

this is a bad turn raise