Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 02:38 AM

Default HU Tourney Clarification

I wanted to start a new thread so people see this before they start a match. In the other thread, the initial structure FoxwoodsFiend proposes isn't the one we decided one. The structure we decided on is as follows:

Everyone starts with 100BB's. Everyone has 1 100BB rebuy available ONLY when they lose their first 100 BB's. Once a person goes broke AFTER rebuying, the match is over.

Also, I think it was stated that you should try to make an attempt to use play money tables as it would then be a pure 200BB match. However, FoxwoodsFiend said it is acceptable to use real money tables if you and your opponent both agree to it.

If any of this is incorrect, please correct me.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: HU Tourney Clarification

I think we discusses this and a bunch of people didn't like that b/c it'd be too much like a heads up sit n go. We wanted it to be more like an nl cash table heads up where you can keep reloading (if you want) and keep going until someone has won 300 bb off the other.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we discusses this and a bunch of people didn't like that b/c it'd be too much like a heads up sit n go. We wanted it to be more like an nl cash table heads up where you can keep reloading (if you want) and keep going until someone has won 300 bb off the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zeebo is wrong, whitelime is right. This is the structure we will be using. I think it forces a player to be able to play with/against a short stack and it still allows the possibility of deep stack play if the first stack-loser makes a comeback.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone starts with 100BB's. Everyone has 1 100BB rebuy available ONLY when they lose their first 100 BB's. Once a person goes broke AFTER rebuying, the match is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very different than the structure originally agreed upon....for one, starting with 100bb is far less interesting than 200 because immediately someone will be below 100 and there is much less turn/river play involved....and also, now we are essentially required to win a total of 200 instead of 300bb's.....if a total of 300bb is too time consuming, fine, but then I suggest both opponents just start with 200 and have no rebuy.....this needs to be squared away because I think every match needs to be done the same way.....
Old 12-10-2005, 03:15 AM

im w/ coltrane, f the rebuy thing, 200 bbs each freezeout.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and also, was there any final word on a definitive place both opponents can go to play these matches?....I just signed up for a UB play money account only to find out that they give you only 1000 in chips, and the lowest HU match they spread is 10/20....
Old 12-10-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and also, was there any final word on a definitive place both opponents can go to play these matches?....I just signed up for a UB play money account only to find out that they give you only 1000 in chips, and the lowest HU match they spread is 10/20....

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like you gotta get crackin' on a play money br

=)
Old 12-10-2005, 04:03 AM

that structure sucks, playing with a short stack is for fish...if thats the structure I want out
Old 12-10-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i have like 100k playchips on ub, i'd be glad to transfer them to players who need some.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:16 AM

100k?....that's awesome, that would be enough to fund the whole tourney....if willing, you could transfer 3k to those in need - that in addition to the 1k we get to start with we'd then have 4k (200bb's at the 10/20)....we can then do a rebuy trick with our opponent right at the start (raise 99bb, fold, repeat) and just play a 200bb freezeout....