Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: You are in MP2 with 77, UTG+1 limps, folds round to you who..
raise 18 18.37%
limp 79 80.61%
fold 1 1.02%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Worst Movie, like ever?

Dom:

Actually, I really enjoyed Heaven's Gate...no-one can like Barry Lyndon and not like HG-- they're slow as hell but well-shot and nuanced.

And I'd rather put Plan 9, Ishtar, and Showgirls in the Sobadit'sgood category.

C'est la vie,

--GA
Old 12-05-2005, 12:23 PM

Solaris is brilliant.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Durron,

I've never seen the Core...what was that about? As I said, I based the list on the other thread and some obvious choices. I am not even aware of most of the truly bad B movies that y'all are suggesting...perhaps I should collect these and make a comprehensive swede-type poll with brackets and everything in the next few days?

Or maybe I should just SCKM. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Either way,

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

From IMDB

The Core:

For reasons unknown, the earth's inner core has stopped rotating, causing the planet's electromagnetic field to rapidly deteriorate. Instantly, life around the globe begins to change dramatically. In Boston, 32 people with pacemakers, all within a 10-block radius, suddenly drop dead. In San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge collapses, sending hundreds of people plunging to their deaths. In London's Trafalgar Square, flocks of pigeons lose their ability to navigate, flying into panicked crowds, slamming into windshields and causing drivers to lose control of their cars. And in Rome, as thousands of tourists watch helplessly, an electrical superstorm reduces the ancient Roman Colosseum to rubble. Scrambling to resolve the crisis, government and military officials call upon geophysicist Dr. Josh Keyes and a team of the world's most gifted scientists to travel into the earth's core in a subterranean craft piloted by "terranauts" Major Rebecca "Beck" Childs and Commander Robert Iverson. Their mission: Detonate a nuclear device that will reactivate the core and save the world from sure destruction.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Solaris is brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

the clooney version is sh*tty. i hate when hollywood tries to make a love story out of everything. for the love of the game was also ruined with that syndrome.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:29 PM

What makes a bad movie really bad is when it is so bad you can't even sit there and laugh at it. Battlefield Earth was so awful it was hillarious.

Terrible, terrible movies are ones that you can't even laugh AT - For me, the new George A. Romero movie was that bad. I really liked Night of the Living Dead, but "Land of the Dead" made we want to get rug burn on my penis.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Solaris is brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must like seeing George Clooney's ass. I pray your talking about another version.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Witness needs to be on this list. Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis in Amish country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Movie
Old 12-05-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Durron,

I've never seen the Core...what was that about? As I said, I based the list on the other thread and some obvious choices. I am not even aware of most of the truly bad B movies that y'all are suggesting...perhaps I should collect these and make a comprehensive swede-type poll with brackets and everything in the next few days?

Or maybe I should just SCKM. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Either way,

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

From IMDB

The Core:

For reasons unknown, the earth's inner core has stopped rotating, causing the planet's electromagnetic field to rapidly deteriorate. Instantly, life around the globe begins to change dramatically. In Boston, 32 people with pacemakers, all within a 10-block radius, suddenly drop dead. In San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge collapses, sending hundreds of people plunging to their deaths. In London's Trafalgar Square, flocks of pigeons lose their ability to navigate, flying into panicked crowds, slamming into windshields and causing drivers to lose control of their cars. And in Rome, as thousands of tourists watch helplessly, an electrical superstorm reduces the ancient Roman Colosseum to rubble. Scrambling to resolve the crisis, government and military officials call upon geophysicist Dr. Josh Keyes and a team of the world's most gifted scientists to travel into the earth's core in a subterranean craft piloted by "terranauts" Major Rebecca "Beck" Childs and Commander Robert Iverson. Their mission: Detonate a nuclear device that will reactivate the core and save the world from sure destruction.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds...yeah, really bad. Why is it always a nuke-u-lar explosion that's needed to save the earth?

I saw Day After Tomorrow last night (Tagline: This year, a sweater won't do. ) and I fully expected them to come up with some kind of plan to bomb the massive snow-tornados into submission...(*spolier: they don't do that.)

Bad movies like this are actually fun to watch with some friends...

I saw Troy last week with my sister and her boyfriend and had a great time making fun of the redonkulous accents. Why was Odysseus SCOTTISH for pete's sake?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:33 PM

The Cable Guy or The Net
Old 12-05-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Cable Guy or The Net

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, the basketball scene alone gives the Cable Guy credit.