Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Am i spewing here?

Morning boys Party 2/4. Good game a couple of lossy goosy fish the only problem is the player on my left is a very good tag over a pretty large sample. FWIW he is not tricky post flop and plays his hands in a pretty straight foward manner. He is plenty aggressive post flop.

Pre flop: two ep players limp, i raise with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], the tag makes it three, folds to the limpers who get out of our way and i call.

Flop: KQx rainbow.
I bet, tag raises and i call.

Turn: another blank
I bet, tag raises, i make it three and the tag capps. Oops i am pretty screwed and in a bad spot now i tell myself "nice line stupid" and call him down.

Give me a better line.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Am i spewing here?

I'd just call his raise on the turn. If he's that TAGGY, you could be behind his set.

Then move to his left when the next seat is available. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just call his raise on the turn. If he's that TAGGY, you could be behind his set.

Then move to his left when the next seat is available. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got on his left the following night and made a cute comment about it he didn't respond or stay very long some people have no sense of humor.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got on his left the following night and made a cute comment about it he didn't respond or stay very long some people have no sense of humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep TAGs on your left dangit! TAGs on your left, LAGs on your right.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:57 AM

I prefer check/raising the turn and calling down if 3-bet.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:00 AM

I would prefer to try and 3-bet the flop, to take control at that point.

I don't think you are screwed to the point of folding here, and would call down at the very least.

I could easily put the villan on AA, AK, KQ, KK or QQ here all equally likely, that gives you 50% equity as of the turn. The villan could also be on a draw of somekind and really overplaying it, you never know for sure. What you do know is that you can see the showdown with 2 more BB in an already big pot and you have top 2 pair, DON'T FOLD.

Margon
Old 11-04-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait a minute. I thought we wanted lags on our left because they will be cold calling raises with weaker hands and helping us protect, when they have marginal hands. tags on the right to avoid the nasty 3 bets and free card plays. among other reasons.

Where did I go wrong? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait a minute. I thought we wanted lags on our left because they will be cold calling raises with weaker hands and helping us protect, when they have marginal hands. tags on the right to avoid the nasty 3 bets and free card plays. among other reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iso the lags on the right and clear out the tags on the left. In this hand though it sucked having the tag on the left and every other hand we tangled in i played like a scared little girl.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been awhile but doesn't the action go from right to left? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Bison wrote a great post about this. What's the most important thing in Hold'em? Position. Every book and expert harps about this, Harrington himself says that if two players played HU, one worse than the other but had position on the expert, the worse player would win.

With a TAG on your immediately left, you "gain" position. When you're in the CO, you'll be essentially be in the button since the TAG will be throwing away 80% of his hands.

With LAGs in front of you, you can play more hands profitably. 54s? 97s? Kxs? These hands become more profitable to play when you have 4-5 limpers in front of you, can't get that with TAGs on your right.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:10 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1