Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 01:46 PM

Default 70k stats, move up, etc. (kinda long)

It's been awhile since I've posted here. I think I want to start again. A lot of my posts sucked (80% of them), I will try to improve upon them as best as possible (I am open to criticism). Within the next couple weeks I will be taking a shot at 5/10 (6-max), and in the mean time there is a flurry of hands I've sent myself that I would like to post here. and some other stuff. I play for a living now, if you guys didn't already know, so I think it would be best if I was on friendly terms with all people in this forum. TY for your time.

Below are some stats and a graph, yada...

I know I am a good player, but I know that there are much better players on this site that can help me improve. I make a lot of mistakes, and I occasionally tilt.

EDIT: What are some things that should be changed b4 the move up?
Old 10-01-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: 70k stats, move up, etc. (kinda long)

You're too aggressive after the flop, especially on flop and turn. There's a fine line between value betting and spewing and you are probably spewing. Also, you need to loosen up in the SB a little more.

If you are going by winrate I would say stay at 3/6 but you have played a sh*tload of 3/6 so you might as well take a shot.

Welcome back to HUSH and good luck at 5/10.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're too aggressive after the flop, especially on flop and turn. There's a fine line between value betting and spewing and you are probably spewing. Also, you need to loosen up in the SB a little more.

If you are going by winrate I would say stay at 3/6 but you have played a sh*tload of 3/6 so you might as well take a shot.

Welcome back to HUSH and good luck at 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, I agree with you on the spewing after the flop thing. I am way too aggressive, this has a lot to do with my continuation bets in steal situations. In 3/6 it is much easier to get away with, because there are a lot weak passives, who call flop with junk and check/fold the turn 50%. Also, usually when someone does hit they don't let you know so you get to see cheap[er] rivers.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:16 PM

A few things stand up to me:

- You fold your BB too much
- You're too aggr.
- Your FRB is too high

It's not always raise or fold, sometimes calling down is ok.
I know this all sounds a bit standard, but it's true.
I recognize these stats as my own. I used to be the kind of player who would always take the initiative combined with a raise or fold mentality.

Just tone down a bit, let LAGs bet for you. And regarding your high FRB; It's ok to sometimes check/call the river A-high UI when you lead the flop+turn HU.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:19 PM

Yup, I agree with you on this level. However, players in this game are a lot more predictable than in other games so it is easier to fold to their aggression. However I have been working on being more passive with my marginal hands in blind steal situations where players are more likely bluffing.

edit: these aggressive habits are something I will certainly have to change for the move-up and I appreciate you pointing that out.