Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 09:01 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" WCOOP #15 thread ($2,500 NL)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I saw the Stu Unger movie recently. I don't know if he was as annoyingly arrogant as the movie showed but I thought of it while watching the final table last night. This new kid obviously has the smarts but also has a lot of growing up to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he does- he's been "educated" hanging out with magic dorks playing games. With all the money he wins, he buys a lot of rims and gadgets for his tricked out car. He is the stereotypical shallow, materialistic 18 year old former loser who finally feels like a man because all of his game geekiness has finally paid off.

Still, he never berated anyone else, he just displayed a confidence (arrogance) that was annoying to most of us. I think that confidence scared some of his opponents, and he controlled the final table accordingly. In a way, his ignorance of the world made him more difficult to deal with as an opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scared his opponents? I don't remember once in my life being intimidated by chat box trash talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

his chat is pissing people off obviously, this is clearly an advantage to him - although most would rather win without making themselves look bad -- and he wanted everyone to know his name which probally means he thought he was cool.

btw, jordan berkowitz is like the most jewish name posible.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" WCOOP #15 thread ($2,500 NL)

its going to be fun to watch this kid get his comeuppance