Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Pausers

Hi all. My first post so be gentle..LOL.. I typically play 109, 215 SNL. EVERY table I seem to encounter the perennial pauser. Its the same every time, pause, pause, pause every hand then suddenly the quick bet bluff. My take on a continual pauser is that 90% of the time its a newby who watches too much ESPN. Interested in how others perceive it? We are not talking occassional lulls, each hand 15- 20 secs then fold, and of course the inevitable quick bet bluff 3-4 orbits later.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Pausers

Welcome to the forum.

You'll see a lot of "pausers" because so many people are mult-tabling. Takes an extra second or two to scan 4-8 (or more) tables and act on the one that needs your attention most.

Ignore it, get used to it, it's normal. Good luck on the tables! Gentle enough? SlackerMcFly
Old 08-29-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the forum.

You'll see a lot of "pausers" because so many people are mult-tabling. Takes an extra second or two to scan 4-8 (or more) tables and act on the one that needs your attention most.

Ignore it, get used to it, it's normal. Good luck on the tables! Gentle enough? SlackerMcFly

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes the "pauser" has motor-skill deficiencies and/or is further wasting time by dealing with a bunch of nitwits on 2+2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 02:52 PM

Well my decisions still only take a split second when 6tabling, so maybe I'm just not playing enough tables (well it's actually a hardware thing). 2+2ers are usually pretty damn slow, hold up my games...time is money.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well my decisions still only take a split second when 6tabling, so maybe I'm just not playing enough tables (well it's actually a hardware thing). 2+2ers are usually pretty damn slow, hold up my games...time is money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, Ive found that my game has actually slowed down in the last month / month 1/2 since reevaulating my game. I try my best to really pay attention to all the action at my tables.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:54 PM

I thought this too, until I did a search for the guy that was annoying me and this was the only table he was playing.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:03 PM

1) Maybe he's looking at pr0n and currently only has limited use of his right hand.
2) Maybe he has diarrhea and is running in and out of the bathroom.
3) Maybe he's on dialup.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:10 PM

Or maybe one of these morons that think you'll be sweating if they make you wait. Hate those morons on the bubble. Pretend to think about calling (although they're probally not pretending) when if they do call I couldn't care less. Just another tourney.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:50 PM

I suspect at lower limits, where I see this, their running the probabilities in the background, though I'm likely giving them too much credit.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:17 PM

I have noticed another part of a trend for these individuals is to suddenly quick bet with no pause. I guess I am suppose to leap back in fear of the amazing hand they have that took no thought to go all in with? Watch closely and you will see the same trend. Majority of the time when the quick bet is called it has shown to be a bluff. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this as well.
Closed Thread