Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 02-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Jurollo Jurollo is offline
Junior Member

Default Re: Party Till you Cruise II

I would screen capture the sent email headers with time/date and what not, maybe contact your mail server and have them forward the records from your account to party and to you. Those are probably the best options.
~Justin
Old 02-22-2005, 12:05 AM
Nick B. Nick B. is offline
Senior Member

Location: NY

The worst thing about it, is that I have nobody to blame. I can't blame party because while I was on the phone with them, they sent me an email and I replied to it, but they said they didn't get it. How could I blame them for something that they don't receive. I easily could have called them after I finished all the raked hands, but how did I know they didn't receive the previous emails (I thought they were just being typical party support and not responding forever). I changed my email address and emailed them again. I got a quick response, and had to resend the email after I changed my email address on Party. They haven't responded yet, but I am not holding my breath.

Dear Nick,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand that you are unable to send email from your registered email address confirming about the Party Till the Cruise Offer. However we will not take into the email which you have sent from a different email address. This is for security purposes. We need an email from your registered email address.

I would suggest you to change your email address and quickly reply from the registered email address.

To change your email address, please follow these steps:

1. Login to your poker account.
2. Go to "My Account" menu on the Lobby
3. Select "Change / Validate Email"
4. Enter your new email address in the "Email address" field, and click on the "Request new validation code or change Email" tab.
5. Your new email address would be registered with us and all future correspondence would be sent to this address.

When you change your email address, a new validation code would be mailed to this email address. You would have to validate your account again to make any real money deposits. In order to validate you email address, please click on "My Account" in the Lobby, and then click on "Change/Validate email". Once the pop up screen shows up, enter the 4-digit validation code and click on "Validate" tab.

Please make sure to do it fast as the offer is on first cum first basis.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Smita
Poker Customer Care

Old 02-22-2005, 10:32 AM
bpb bpb is offline
Member

[ QUOTE ]

Please make sure to do it fast as the offer is on first cum first basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that a company grossing over $1 million a day can't even spellcheck their emails so they don't come off sounding like the blurb on the back of a bad porno?

Honestly, this whole thing is absurd. You played the hands. They have a record of how many points you earned. If you were one of the first 10 to play that insane number of hands, you should get the trip. Period. Who cares if you didn't email them properly (even though you did).
Old 02-22-2005, 12:59 PM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline
Senior Member

Location: memphis

This really sucks and I'm honestly not sure what to say.

I wonder if it's something where Party doesn't receive e-mails from those addresses....or if Yahoo small-business refuses to send them to online-gambling sites.
I don't know a thing about yahoo small-business e-mail (never heard of it) so I can't say.

If it's from party's end then there's no real way you could have known this ahead of time. You were just sending stuff to them and they weren't replying....and since party takes so long to reply sometimes you just thought they were blowing you off.

Obviously I wish (and I know you do too) that you had called earlier to learn about this but it's kind of tough to figure out that there's something going on that drastically wrong with your e-mails.

I suggest the screen-shot idea that Jurollo presented and whatever else you can think of....and basically just calling and begging I guess. Asking to speak with higher management...etc.
You never knew that party didn't accept e-mails from yahoo small-business and there's no way you could have known that. Be polite and keep saying that over and over (repetition sometimes works...who knows).

I don't think Party will be inclined to change their minds in this matter but there is still a chance and I hope you are able convince them.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:11 PM
MrMoo MrMoo is offline
Member

Sounds to me like it's party's fault for filtering your mail. To my knowledge they've never said that they don't acccept email from Yahoo Small Businesses. It's totally irresponsible for them to filter mail like that. Thier spam problem is not your fault.

I'd fight this tooth and nail if I were you. You worked your butt off and made a good faith effort.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Nick B. Nick B. is offline
Senior Member

Location: NY

Thanks to advice from J_V and James, I am in.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:24 PM
justin D justin D is offline
Junior Member

congrats Nick
Old 02-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Jurollo Jurollo is offline
Junior Member

Bravo! You deserve it nick!
~Justin
Old 02-26-2005, 02:02 AM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline
Senior Member

Location: memphis

this is fantastic and I'm glad you stuck with it.

Kudos to Party btw for doing the right thing. This REALLY impresses me.

to be honest, I thought you were a long-shot to get it. And I also sensed that you might have just thrown in the towel on it and given up out of frustration over the whole mess.

So I'm pleasantly surprised that everything worked out and you will be going (just as long as you aren't the one to knock me out of the tourney).

congrats to you for getting in...
and to Party for coming through BIG time!!