Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Out of the red.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">I would like to thank Jessica Alba for her desktop inspiration </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Yugo, that one was in record time.

Do you have some 6th sense that alerts you to a request on this forum?
Old 08-29-2005, 02:20 PM

To make me feel more clean about your hot chick posts, in the future could you put how many times you have spanked it to each particular picture? For example, do something like this:

[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav (17)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-29-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To make me feel more clean about your hot chick posts, in the future could you put how many times you have spanked it to each particular picture? For example, do something like this:

[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav (0)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I post pure, unadulterated pics! These are meant for exquisite aesthetic enjoyment and profound inspiration to attain a similar modicum of perfection.

The nerve some people have! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Who 'spanks' it to his own, private, not suitable for 2+2, stash, [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 08-29-2005, 02:48 PM

I hit an 18 buy-in downswing about a month ago that was very hard to take, especially because it was soon after moving up to the $55's from the $33's so my 55 stats went into the toilet. But, I sucked it up and continued to push forward and had a mega-heater for the last month and am back on track. My thinking is, if you are a winning player at the higher level and are properly bankrolled it will take you much longer to win back your loss at a lower buy-in than at the original higher buy-in. So it is better to put the nose to the grindstone and ride it out at the higher buy-in than drop down unless your bankroll gets to a level that worries you or you don't think you're playing your best.

Did you drop down because of bankroll concerns?
Old 08-29-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hit an 18 buy-in downswing about a month ago that was very hard to take, especially because it was soon after moving up to the $55's from the $33's so my 55 stats went into the toilet. But, I sucked it up and continued to push forward and had a mega-heater for the last month and am back on track. My thinking is, if you are a winning player at the higher level and are properly bankrolled it will take you much longer to win back your loss at a lower buy-in than at the original higher buy-in. So it is better to put the nose to the grindstone and ride it out at the higher buy-in than drop down unless your bankroll gets to a level that worries you or you don't think you're playing your best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Did you drop down because of bankroll concerns?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a hybrid.

I had 100 buys for the 55s, and I lost 20 of them...No big deal.

But then... I made some extra purchases outside my normal monthly expenses. I took money from the poker BR to compensate. I took time off from work and regular monthly expenses started to become a drain.

I no longer felt 100% safe at the 55s so I forced myself down to the 22s where I knew I would have trouble making back the 1k, but still I figured 2weeks tops.

I took more time off and things stayed even. Wasnt making money wasnt losing it. Then rent was due again.. BR goes down further. Now things are getting ugly. I go on tilt and remain on a cold run this escalates a problem that is already overwhelming. I franticaly try to plug holes in my game that arent there, and ignore the holes that are really there.

holes everywhere, confusion, tilt....

I fixed some things. I got some good advice, I got some bad advice. In the end it all comes down to confidence. I am feeling better now, but I admit that a cold run of cards now would shake my confidence. I am on pretty thin ice in the finace department, but I have been here before, and I will get out again.

I think I have learned my lesson.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav (17)
Big Limpin' (1)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-29-2005, 04:24 PM

I might as well hide my own bad beat tale here where it wont be noticed.

I played 3 quals saturday:

First one was for a $530 wcoop seat, paid 5 seats, I got 6th.

Second one was for a $2600 wcoop seat, paid 2 seats, I got 3rd.

Third one was the $17000 Bellagio qual on empire, paid one seat, I got 2nd.

I was my only day in poker that I almost cried [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Steve
Old 08-29-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might as well hide my own bad beat tale here where it wont be noticed.

I played 3 quals saturday:

First one was for a $530 wcoop seat, paid 5 seats, I got 6th.

Second one was for a $2600 wcoop seat, paid 2 seats, I got 3rd.

Third one was the $17000 Bellagio qual on empire, paid one seat, I got 2nd.

I was my only day in poker that I almost cried [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I would actually cry. This is horrible. Lately I'm usually busting around final two tables on those quals, so I can go to sleep with a big smile on my face. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 05:43 PM

This is mostly true - but I went thru a cold streak that was so brutal it was messing with my head. Dropped down for a bit, got my head right, and went back up. I'm sure it was psychological - but who cares?