Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 01:45 AM

Default is it as easy a decision as i 1st thought?

from a double shootout on stars, 4 left on the 2nd table. I've stolen a fair few blinds recently but no more than my fair share. I've come over the top of the bb a couple of times when he's raised and he's put it down each time. He's yet to come over the top of 1 of my raises but has seen me fold a couple of times to all ins from the other 2 players.

Converter is screwed up (or more likely i haven't learnt how to use it yet [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img])

SB A (3948 in chips)
BB VILLAIN (3232 in chips)
Seat 7: HERO (4865 in chips)
Button: B (1455 in chips)

I have QJh and raise to 450, button and sb fold, villain instantly moves in. Do you call here, knowing that winner takes all?

I know I'm at best a coin flip, very likely behind, hopefully not dominated. If i fold I'm still marginal chip leader, if i call and lose i have 1600 left and am in trouble but not dead. If i call and win i have a monster stack and can probably run over the last 3 and secure the seat.....

hope that wasn't an excessively boring 1st post
Cheers

Matt
Old 06-22-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: is it as easy a decision as i 1st thought?

I wouldn't but I'm a wimp.

I would fold, and wait until I could make them guess. I suspect your a dog to his hand (any A or K, all pockets etc) and as such would rather wait.

Bar the premium hands and reads on players notwithstanding I prefer my all ins to be on my terms not theirs.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:06 AM

Fold, QJs is just not a good enough hand to call here. You have plenty of chips left if you fold, and you can find much better situations.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:32 AM

QJ is one of those hands that works pretty good to raise with, but works very bad to call with (unless its cheap with high implied odds). In this case, you are almost guaranteed to be an underdog, and might very well be dominated aganst AJ, AQ, KQ or even KJ.

You will have enough chips to play on if you fold, which makes this decision very easy I think: fold.