Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: $400nl session video.

[ QUOTE ]

Any was could u go to 2.5x, cause I'm slow, but seriously I think 3 is a hair to fast, but I think 2 would be too slow.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah if/when i do another one i'm gonna have to figure out a way to edit out un-interesting hands (after i muck preflop). Then there won't be a need for it to be 3x speed (I did that so people would actually watch it and not just quit, bored, after a few min).

[ QUOTE ]

Question, why did you push the KTs hand, with the 4 heart draw on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because if i raised pot (which would be to something like $50) and the turn blanked, he would have ~40 left and the pot would be 80, so if we were playing all the money was going in anyway.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you always lead out for a PSB on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
In unraised pots - yes.
If I think they'll call anyway and I want to win a pot - yes.
otherwise - it depends.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of the posters here with all comments. Biggest thing I noticed was you playing too tight 4 handed, could loosen that up a bit, just seems like a lot of ABC poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, next video (posted by whoever) will hopefuly be more interesting. I'm thinking about starting to just record most sessions and then picking an interesting one. Let's see.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-Q9o in BB - it was folded to button who raises to 10, SB called, I would still fold this shite

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree.

[ QUOTE ]

-KTs vs short stack. Interesting play, and I understand wanting to raise his flop min-bet, but I don't know if all-in is the best.... but would like to hear others comment.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've elaborated on that in my reply to jzpiano.

[ QUOTE ]

-A7s on button - I think you should raise this

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, seemed i missed quite a few obvious raises and played too tightly... maybe it was stage-fright [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

-44 vs AK - hate the flop bet

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought that pot was mine for sure... couldn't see him calling on such a dry board w/o a made hand. I guess i was wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

-T8s (can't remember this one, but my note says, "check the flop?")

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, leading pot on the flop got me in a lot of trouble.
(It's hand #10101752-11447 i think)

[ QUOTE ]

-A9o in SB - you flop top pair in an unraised pot. I think 1/2 pot bet is good here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if i agree, I never lead half pot in this spot with a real hand, board is very draw heavy. I'd much rather just fold to his min-raise here, he had been playing awfuly passive.

[ QUOTE ]

-55 on button. You originally limped but the blind re-raised. IIRC, the raise was ~35 to you and he only had like ~350 left. I know the other limper came along, but only playing for set value is think this is maybe a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually the original raiser didn't come along, I should have folded after he folded.

[ QUOTE ]

-T7s on button. Limpers to you, I like a raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, not raising got me into trouble postflop [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks alot for the comments
(that goes to everyone who took the time to watch the video and comment)
Old 12-12-2005, 07:34 PM

These videos would be so much sweeter with some audio commentary.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:33 AM

VERY good inivitiative, I think looking at full sessions instead of just single hands is very much inspiring and educating. TY! Would love to see videos like this from other good players.