Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: OT: HOW can i prove i\'m not a BOT???

Don't know why you are all jumping to conclusions. So he's played enough sngs that would have him working 7-8 hrs a day. So what. Other people have played this much (think fiery said he played around 10hrs a day for a month).

Not pressing the popups isn't proof, and I think it's a pretty stupid thing for party to do anyway. It's the last thing a 10 tabler needs.

You should all wait until you have all of the facts before jumping to the conclusion that he used a bot.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know why you are all jumping to conclusions. So he's played enough sngs that would have him working 7-8 hrs a day. So what. Other people have played this much (think fiery said he played around 10hrs a day for a month).

Not pressing the popups isn't proof, and I think it's a pretty stupid thing for party to do anyway. It's the last thing a 10 tabler needs.

You should all wait until you have all of the facts before jumping to the conclusion that he used a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you believe a guy playing $22s 7-8 hours a day will end up above someone playing the 109s ten hours a day, not to mention those that play that many hours 8-tabling the $215s?

Anyway, he already admitted them trying to cheat their way to the $5k leaderboard payday.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:13 PM

maybe you should ask bmxreed if he got any messages?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:20 PM

so what's going on? any progress getting yoru money back?

From what you said about sharing the account w/ bmxreed you probably shouldn't get the 5k you won (or did you not end up winning it).

This is a semi-interesting story.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:29 PM

"Anyway, he already admitted them trying to cheat their way to the $5k leaderboard payday. "

What, taking shifts (just guessing)??

3000 sngs 10tabling would take ~7-8 hrs a day.

"So you believe a guy playing $22s 7-8 hours a day will end up above someone playing the 109s ten hours a day"

The hours don't matter, it's how heavy they're multitabling.

"not to mention those that play that many hours 8-tabling the $215s?"

People play 10hrs a day reguarly? Some life.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Anyway, he already admitted them trying to cheat their way to the $5k leaderboard payday. "

What, taking shifts (just guessing)??

3000 sngs 10tabling would take ~7-8 hrs a day.

"So you believe a guy playing $22s 7-8 hours a day will end up above someone playing the 109s ten hours a day"

The hours don't matter, it's how heavy they're multitabling.

"not to mention those that play that many hours 8-tabling the $215s?"

People play 10hrs a day reguarly? Some life.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a guy playing $22s playing 7-8 hours a day to get first on the leaderboard he would have to get an insane number of 1st and 2nds, while all those playing very high number of 109s and 215s would get an insanely low amount of 1sts and 2nds. This is for a whole month.

I think it is safe to say that this account was busy far more than 7-8 hours a day for him to get first on the leaderboard playing the 22s. He already admitted them playing as a team. The guy claiming they played 3000 tourneys took his info from Poker prophecy, which misses a lots of tournaments.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:00 PM

Actually, 3k $22s with an 18% ROI would've topped the leaderboard (that would've netted 43k points).

Topping the leader board on 22s isn't nearly as extreme as some people think.

Now for the 7-8 hours a day it'd take a 10tabler to play 3k sngs in a month. Well it's hardcore, but it's definately doable.

None of this is unrealistic and I think I've shown this. It's very hardcore, but it's is far from impossible.

Edited to add: I don't think they deserves to lose 15k for playing as a team. Knocked off the leaderboard and forced to pay back that 5k prize? Sure, but they don't deserve to have their winnings confiscated.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:06 PM

let's assume they were 8 tabling i guess, because i don't know about when we're talking about. then running continuous tables you're probably looking at something like 13 or 14 tables an hour. running the tables for 14 hours a day seems fairly reasonable if you've got two guys playing like nuts. now we're talking around 196 games a day. that's just around what, 5700 games a month to re-fudge factor.

that's a [censored] load of games.

juicy won the leaderboard last month at 41k points.

at 5700 games, if we say he gets 10% 1sts and 10% 2nds:

63.44 pts for first
44.86 pts for second

108.3 for each first second combo.

so if he plays 5700 games he gets 570x108.3 = >>>>>>41k points.

now let's look at it more rationally.

let's say that he gets 1st and 2nd again, 10% of the time. to get 41k points, he has to rack up: 378 instances of the 1st/2nd combo. this would mean 3780 games in a month at these rates, and again, this is a lot of games, but it's about 125 games a day, instead of the original stated figure. it's no where close to impossible. that's doable in 11 hours a day no sweat.

if someone offered me say, $100k to do so, i'd go rack up 40k leaderboard points next month. and no one would be able to come close to stopping me. (if someone wants to try, i'd do this in january. haha)

if we let our hero get 1st say, 15% of the time and 2nd 13% of the time, the numbers get better for hero.

we need to find X st 63.44x(.15)x(X)+44.86x(.13)x(X)=41000
so that's (9.516+5.3832)X=41000
X=41000/14.8992
X=2752

which is around 92 games a day.

and i don't think anyone's going to dispute that 92 games is possible during a day, even every day.

so ease the [censored] off, jeez. he was playing as a team, fine, but there's really no reason to say this is botlike persistence. before you start making a wild bunch of claims about what is or isn't possible while playing one stakes or another (particularly with someone as crazy as the TLB points formula) you should probably oh, i don't know, look at the damn formula.

c
Old 11-28-2005, 09:07 PM

it appears someone else did this with no math to prove his point.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edited to add: I don't think they deserves to lose 15k for playing as a team. Knocked off the leaderboard and forced to pay back that 5k prize? Sure, but they don't deserve to have their winnings confiscated.

[/ QUOTE ]

His money wasn't confiscated for cheating on the leaderboard though. It was confiscated because the Party investigations team (who next to the guy himself should know most about his play, far more than any of us here on the board do) determined he was using a bot to play.