Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 09:19 PM

Default First Post

This is my first post at 2 + 2 forums. I have been following this forum for awhile now and really enjoy reading the hands and opinions from current members. I thought I would share a hand I was in today while playing 1/2 limit at Party Poker. I am not exactly sure how to post hands on here so I will just post it in paragraph form.

I am dealt Ad 10s in Middle position there is one caller in front of me and I decide to limp in (I usually dont play A 10o unless I'm in late position and am raising) but anyways only me, UTG and the BB call. The flop comes 7h 7d 8d. The BB checks, UTG bets and I raise trying to pick up the pot right here because I thought neither of them could call unless they hit this flop huge. The BB folds and UTG calls. The turn brings the 4d and UTG checks I bet my nutflush draw and get raised, now I really need to think about what he has. Is he raising with overcards, did he hit his flush, or does he have the 7. I call and the last card is the Qd giving me the nut flush. He surprsingly bets and I raise of course, he re raises ??, I cap and he flips over 4 7o for a full house. Astonishing to say the least. I know I shouldnt have played the hand in the first place and my play on the flop and turn are poor but my table image was tight/agressive and figured I could take the pot away on the flop. It is amazing how when I play against these fish that all they do is catch cards against me. Most players on here love to play against a table full of fish but all that I seem to see is them catching cards against me.

Any comments greatly appreciated.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: First Post

1, Fish = Give you money.
2, You'll remember bad beats, but forget the times you beat these fish most of the time.
3, Varience is part of poker
4, Get your hand historys and use the hand coverter(See other micro hand posts for the link to CONVERTER).
5, Your play was questionable, But its easier to see it once converted - Plus its late [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] post the full hand if you can please leaving out the results as they can affect the advice your given. Then members will give there input more often/Easier.

PH [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2005, 09:27 PM

use the hand converter. reading all that while multi-tabling is -EV. welcome to the forums.

you shouldn't have been too surprised. he could have easily limped w/ 88
Old 06-29-2005, 09:28 PM

Use bison's hand converter at http://www.selachian.com/tools/bison...hconverter.cgi to convert party hands to 2+2 board format.

To show you how it looks, here's a meaningless (but funny) hand I just played:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (1.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (1.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 1.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 6c 3h (one pair, aces).
UTG has 6d 7d (one pair, aces).
Hero has 9s 3d (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 1.75 BB. </font>

BTW, why do you say you were wrong to play ATo in middle position? In the typical loose games you see at this level, that's a perfectly fine hand to play. I'm not going to analyze the rest of your play, except to say that table image means squat at low limits on line (unless half the people at the table have typed in the chat box "that mxer7734 is tighter that a tick's [censored]"), and trying to steal pots with bluffs is also fruitless at the low levels. Players don't pay attention to image, and will call with any decent hand. Yeah, it sucked that your flush got busted by some idiot playing 74o UTG, but that's low limit. Play well, and you'll clean up.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:30 PM

well you should raise that preflop.

postflop is fine until you cap the river (meh, probably just fold that flop). he sees the 4 diamonds on the board and he check raised you on a paired board with 3 diamonds. he does not have the king high flush.

i could post countless hands were people made very bad calls against me and a few different things happened:

1. they hit and i paid them off.
2. they hit and i didn't pay them off.
3. they hit but were drawing dead and they paid me off huge.
4. they don't hit and my hand held up and i simply made money off their bad calls.

4 happens the most, followed by 1, closely followed by 2, and then 3 (which is by far the best)

an example of #4 just happened:

i raise TT, 33 coldcalls.

Flop: T 4 2 he calls my bet.

Turn: 3 he calls my bet.

River 2 he raises, i 3-bet, he caps, i laugh and masturbate.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:56 PM

All I can say is that if you're worrying about playing ATo in MP with one limper before you because you think you should be FOLDING it, then you're too tight for micros. Too tight actually winds up equalling more times you get sucked out on and then you wind up feeling bad about yourself and your wife's cat suffers (oops, letting my personal life creep in, again).

Anyway, loosen up, learn to use the hand converter, feel better about yourself and give the cat a break.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:31 PM

When UTG calls you on the flop,he is saying he has more than overcards. Of course he could be "lying" because he is probably very loose. On the turn I would suspect that I am behind and I would take the free card.

On the river, by capping your opponent's 3 bet you are basically saying that you think that he is not observant enough to realize that you have a flush in this spot (4 diamonds on the board!).

So just call the 3 bet.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:01 PM

Replying to first post. Hello.

&gt; now I really need to think about what he has.

Very little thinking required here. He has something better than you and it's either two [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s, 44, 78s, 74 or 84 in roughly that order of probability. At 1/2 I haven't seen UTGs playing 74 or 84, but 44 means your're drawing dead so be careful. If a fourth diamond comes and you bet it, Villian will be highly aware that you might have made a flush. If you get raised, your probably beat.

TURN: Call good.

RIVER: I like the raise though since you have the nut flush. The three bet tells me your probably beat though. He knows he doesn't have the nut flush and you just raised him. I'd just call this anyway. Sometimes Villian will have smaller flush, but usually a non-nut flush won't 3bet a raise...(at .5/1 anyway, I haven't played enough 1/2 yet to know those players that well.)