Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2002, 09:20 PM

Default Bellagio shows it true colors

By treating its regular day 15/30 and 30/60 players like crap during this tournament.If you stood around the room with your thumb up your yuno this week you know what I mean.Nice timing after the recent rake increase!Once again a successful cardroom is treating its bread and butter like unpaid props and Persona Non Grata while the "tourny trailers" get treated like royalty ,being shoved buffet tickets every day and smoozzed over.Ever try to get two buffet tickets in the same week?Ive seen one person actually laugh in a customers face for sush a reguest.Pathetic!And to add injury to insult most of these "rounders" (lol) cant play a lick,are busted and are in search of nothing more than a stake or loan,a room rate ,and that all too familier bad beat story they ineviatbly get (and love)to tell after being eliminated.They dont play live or contibute any real drop.And they certainly dont play at the Bellagio in live games.These faces blow in and out of town like the wind.Wake up Bellagio.Now that thats been said let me say ,the TOP tournament players,a core of world class players are also world class live players that destroy live games.I am fully aware of that,but the limits they play live are so big the games dont go all the time, and they dont last long when they do.Bellagio management please take note ,your room has gone downhill over the last year afetr being very good and very busy.Dont forget who got ya there.OOPs too late ,you already have.
Old 12-15-2002, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Bellagio shows it true colors

I play primarily at the Bellagio for at least 8 hours every day I am in Vegas. One time I was there I asked for a dinner comp after having played there for at least 40 hours in four days. The floorman made me feel like a panhandler and I settled for a line pass.

I don't even ask anymore. I still play there but don't tip the floor people when they get me my chips when I sit down. I think they should either get a better handle on who is playing at what levels for how long and do something to make us feel appreciated, or do nothing (I would have felt a lot better on the previously mentioned visit if I was simply told 'we don't provide comp meals).
Old 12-15-2002, 07:28 PM

The comp system and both the Bellagio and Mirage is astoundingly bad, especially when you compare it to what the small poker rooms on the Strip offer. At the Monte Carlo, you receive a $6 comp for just 4 hours of play. You get the comp regardless of what limit you play, including 1-5 stud. The comp is available every day without exception so you could receive a total of $42 in comps in a week. At either the Bellagio or Mirage, it's a major hassle to get just one comp per week worth $10 or a free buffet.

More importantly, the small poker rooms give these without a hassle. Just yesterday, I forgot to put my name on the comp list at the Monte Carlo. After an hour, I went up to the desk to ask to be put on the list and I got comped immediately because I had helped keep a game going which was getting short-handed. I had only been playing 1 hour.

Old 12-15-2002, 07:56 PM

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] gotcha dyn...another monte carlo plug...lol..gl [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2002, 08:41 PM

What limits do they spread at the Monte Carlo?
Old 12-16-2002, 08:30 AM

Default 4-8 holdem, 1-5 stud *NM*

Old 12-16-2002, 11:59 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: 4-8 holdem, 1-5 stud *NM*

dynasty plays 4/8?
Old 12-16-2002, 12:24 PM

Are those the only games they have? How is the 4-8 HE game? Should I check it out while i'm in Vegas? thanks
Old 12-16-2002, 07:41 PM

Default Re: 4-8 holdem, 1-5 stud *NM*

I've been "vacationing" here in Vegas during the holidays. But, occassionally, I've gone up to the Strip to play some low limit games to keep me sharp. I've played the 4-8 game as well as a 6-12 and a 4-8 H.O.P.E (hold'em, omaha8, pineapple, stud8). Hell, I even played some 1-5 stud for an hour or so while waiting for Star Trek: Nemesis to begin.

Old 12-16-2002, 10:31 PM

I play 8-12 hours a day when in Las Vegas at the Mirage or Bellagio anywhere from 15-30 to 40-80. I don't even ask for a comp because you are treated like smallpox or worse. The food situation is not as bad as the general rudeness of the floor staff.