Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 10:03 AM

Default OMFG I just got a damn good idea

Alright, for those of you who are aware of this, there's a program out there called TiltBlocker, that covers up your stack size.

This is supposedly to help keep you off tilt by making sure you can't see if you're winning or losing money. Of course, this is none-too-bright when you consider that you should generally know these things (unless you're buying in for 200 bb). I suppose, though, that if you're tilt-prone, that this would save more money than stacking off would cost you.

Regardless, here's a neat idea for a piece of software, if it hasn't been done already:

-------

Something that converts your stack size into BB (big blinds or big bets, depending on whether you're playing NLHE or LHE)... maybe something to do something similar with pots, but that would be pretty intense with side-pots and such.

How sweet would that be?

Going from 2/4 to 3/6 or whatever, and it looks EXACTLY the same? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

--Dave.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: OMFG I just got a damn good idea

Hey that is a great idea! Although it might prompt me to make shots that i shouldn't be taking. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 11:54 AM

I don't know...part of being a player is being able to do the math relative to the stack and blinds. Seems pretty easy to just do it in your head. IMHO. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know...part of being a player is being able to do the math relative to the stack and blinds. Seems pretty easy to just do it in your head. IMHO. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the OP was suggesting this to simplify the math. I'm pretty sure he means this will help detatch from the monetary concept of what's at stake. ie: moving upto 5/10 and losing $500 is harder to choke down than losing "50 BB's".
Old 09-02-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But the point is to prevent you from seeing the numbers so that you don't realize that you just lost X hundred dollars (could be more than you're used to when you're at a new limit).
Old 09-02-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But the point is to prevent you from seeing the numbers so that you don't realize that you just lost X hundred dollars (could be more than you're used to when you're at a new limit).

[/ QUOTE ]

Er... what the other guy said.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:31 PM

Great idea! would be nice to convert the size of the pot to BBs too. And why not the other players stacks as well?
Think it would help detaching you from the money even more.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Going from 2/4 to 3/6 or whatever, and it looks EXACTLY the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Utter hotness....

Krishan
Old 09-02-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is supposedly to help keep you off tilt by making sure you can't see if you're winning or losing money. Of course, this is none-too-bright when you consider that you should generally know these things (unless you're buying in for 200 bb). I suppose, though, that if you're tilt-prone, that this would save more money than stacking off would cost you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are completely wrong and also do not understand subtle tilt. Read Feeney for a better understanding. Also, try the software before mocking it. After playing 4 tables for an hour I really have no idea how you are doing unless you are either running extremely hot or extremely cold. Tilt blocker works very well for me and all it does is make me focus on the game and the play of hands - not on the fluctuations.

FWIW, I buy in for 50BB. I always have online and always will - this was before tiltblocker.

Also, if you are playing NL then, of course, tiltblocker is a bad program as it's important for you to know your stack.

I know the point of your thread wasn't to bash tiltblocker or it's users but that paragraph was silly enough that I had to comment.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are completely wrong and also do not understand subtle tilt. Read Feeney for a better understanding. Also, try the software before mocking it. After playing 4 tables for an hour I really have no idea how you are doing unless you are either running extremely hot or extremely cold. Tilt blocker works very well for me and all it does is make me focus on the game and the play of hands - not on the fluctuations.

FWIW, I buy in for 50BB. I always have online and always will - this was before tiltblocker.

Also, if you are playing NL then, of course, tiltblocker is a bad program as it's important for you to know your stack.

I know the point of your thread wasn't to bash tiltblocker or it's users but that paragraph was silly enough that I had to comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... actually, I was bashing it, so you're welcome to un-bash it, if you will.

I've read Feeney's book (it's awesome).

I have experienced subtle tilt in downswings... it sucks.

I don't know if tiltblocker would help, but it might.

But I still think I shouldn't use it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]