Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 04:49 PM

Default objective way to tell if you are running poorly ?

So I have been a winning player all the way up to 100NL (about 40,000 hands, which were lost in a crash) and lately things have not been going my way at all. I am almost positive I am running horribly, but so far this month has been murder on my bankroll. I have posted a number of hands here in the past, but was curious as to whether anything could be concluded from my last 10,000 hands (from a vareity of limits, 100NL all the way down to 25nl all 6 max):

Hands: 10,354
VPIP: 21.56
Folded SB to steal: 83.33
Folded BB to steal: 78.64
Attempted to steal blinds: 13.03
Won $ WSF%: 32.60
Net Won: (363.25)
BB / 100 Hands: 1.56 (how is this possible ?)
Went to SD %: 8.33%
Won $ at SD %: 52.39
FR Raise: 7.05%
Check Raise: 1.08

Agression factors:

Flop: 3.87
Turn: 3.41
River 3.86

Total 3.71

Anything else I should include here ? Thanks in advance
Old 12-29-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: objective way to tell if you are running poorly ?

www.pokergrader.com
download the client and load up your last 10k hands and check out your grade and luck factor. It is a small suplement to actually posting hands and reviewing all your problem areas in PT.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:23 PM

thanks, downloaded pokergrader, I have very bad luck for the hands i have reviewed but am missing out on some potential profit as well. I think tilt is playing a minor role in my recent losses as well.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:45 PM

This number is low. It should be about 20%. My guess is that you're getting discouraged when the flop doesn't help you. I find it helpful to keep in mind that the flop misses most people. It probably didn't help the other guy either.

One of the areas that I'm working on is trying to be more aggressive in those "could go either way" hands," and make them profitable by increasing fold equity.

If you can get 20% fold equity, those 50/50 hands become 60/40. It's one of the more subtle things that can help a bottom line.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this could also be function of just running bad in general couldn't it ? I mean if you are not making hands you are not going to be showing anything down ?
Old 12-29-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this could also be function of just running bad in general couldn't it ? I mean if you are not making hands you are not going to be showing anything down ?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are deliberately looking for reasons to say you are running bad, you will invariably find them.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are deliberately looking for reasons to say you are running bad, you will invariably find them.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right, Wall Street. Perhaps, Arnold has the answer?

Old 12-29-2005, 07:28 PM

Sorry I made a huge typo, I just went back and looked and my Went to SD % is 19.51%. That makes a lot more sense. Pretty much nulls my previous points.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
www.pokergrader.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this work for anything other than Party?
I'd like to check my month (about 20k breakeven) but I have put in most of my time on UB and Eurobet.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:27 AM

These things happen. I was running SUPER hot in the Party $50's for the first half of this month, and have since PLUMMETTED going from 15-20ptbb to 1.73 after going on crazy monkey tilt for the second half of this month. (Cumulatively 10k hands too.)

I'm back down to the $25's and maintaining a 10+ptbb for 10k hands there. I think the reason may be that halfway through this month I came to rely solely on poker for cash on hand so that may have (most probably, actually) influenced my bad plays.