Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-26-2005, 02:45 AM

Default BB defense

Villian is like 41/8/.7 after about 70 hands, but I did see him check-raise the turn once w/ A-high in the BB after a PFR had bet flop and turn. Anyway, Hero is in BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Pre-flop: Folded to SB who raises. Hero calls? <font color="red"> Is it good to 3-bet/call/fold here. </font>

Flop: K76 rainbow
villian bets, hero raises? <font color="red">Again, fold/call/raise. I'm not sure which is better </font>

Turn: Qx
Villian checks, Hero bets, Vilians raises, Hero calls? <font color="red"> Is there any value at all in this call? </font>

River: 4
Villian bets, Hero calls and knows he needs lots of help on his game.

I know that this was butchered, but would love some constructive criticism. Thanks
Old 12-26-2005, 02:50 AM

Default Re: BB defense

i would fold to that turn c/r all day, this guy is very passive and when he says he has a hand after you've shown strength he usually means it

flop is a tough ball game. I mix it up between calling and raising there depending a lot on villain... here's the thing a lot of guys aren't going to fold 88-QQ here like EVER, in which case what is the point of raising? you are only folding out reverse dominated hands like A8+ right? there are some hands like QJ/QT/JT/Q9 etc but not a whole lot, he's going to have a PP 66+, Kx, or Ax a lot of the time here.
some guys though will fold those pockets and i don't mind pretending I have a king here against those guys
Old 12-26-2005, 02:53 AM

I'm undecided on PF vs. this guy. I’m not folding. Flop is good. I would fold the turn even with the history. Bet/call followed by CR is a very strong move. If he's pulling that on a regular basis with something you beat, he's a real wacko and his stats so far don't indicate that.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:11 AM

since he does not seem very aggressive i would not 3 bet here. I would raise the flop and fold to the turn check raise.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:49 AM

I like the play up until the turn. I'm 3-betting pf is this guy folds a lot postflop, otherwise, you're in good shape.

I hate having Ax vs tight pf raisers in blind steal situations because i'm just not sure what to do.

I'm betting this turn and probably taking a free showdown, but you're down to 0-5 outs after the turn checkraise most of the time and you don't have odds for that.

Even people with these numbers get fancy once in a while, but that once in a while you have to let them have it.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:43 PM

Preflop: I don't think A6o is stong enough to three bet.

Flop: I don't understand the purpose of this raise. Do you think bottom pair six is ahead? The flopped seven is a pretty safe card, but the flopped King could be bad for you. There is no one behind you to knock out. Raise might get you a free card on the turn, but when you get the chance to take it, you don't.

Turn: Q doesn't help you and doesn't hurt villian if he has a King. I don't see why your betting.

You bet - OK. You get checkraised. I'm convinced now your behind at least a King and you have five outs at best. Your getting 7:1. Thats barely enough to call with implied odds if all your five outs are good. I don't think you can ever count them all good. If you discount then by even one out to four, you can fold.

River: You shouldn't even be here. Save your last bet and fold.