Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 02:03 AM

Default 50 6max - basic set play OOP

Villain is a very normal player, 32/5/1.9, who seems to have loosened up a bit due to his larger stack. I've only watched him play for a bit, but he seems to raise a bit liberally preflop (not much) and try to take it on the flop, but shuts down if given heat. I get the notion that he is "playing out his rush" or some nonsense and am just waiting to stack him a couple of times as I'm seated to his direct left. Unforunately, the one hand we clash is the one where I'm OOP.

This is pretty basic I guess, but whats your default line here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

CO ($191.79)
Hero ($49.90)
SB ($39.55)
BB ($8)
UTG ($61.30)
MP ($38.86)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 9. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
1 fold, MP calls $0.50, CO raises to $3, Hero calls $3, 2 folds, MP calls $2.50.

Flop: ($9.75) 2, 5, 9 (3 players)
MP checks, CO bets $3, Hero calls $3, MP folds.

Turn: ($15.75) 6 (2 players)
CO bets $3, Hero raises to $10?

Was pretty sure he'd shut down on the flop if I popped him there, but I'm probably not getting much more if he doesn't call there. Anyone call and lead the turn? Gimme some basic lines please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: 50 6max - basic set play OOP

I would usually raise the flop, but if you are sure he will fold then i dont mind calling and hoping he bets again on the turn. If he doesnt have an overpair here you're not gonna get paid anyway and if he does then raising the turn makes your set more obvious. If he has an overpair and u raise him, he will likely 3-bet in which case he wont be able to get away from it on the turn. Thus, i advocate a flop raise unless you think he just has missed overs.