Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 09:25 PM

Default So I tried an online pissing match

Playing low limit on party. There is a semi-fish playing that performs a minor suck out on an unknown, new player.

Berating begins, and I hop in as Fish-Defender Man. He starts railing on me, as expected, and the semi-fish stays protected. Another job well done.

Now, my normal play is get off a one-liner or two then just stay quiet while he vents his suck-out angst on a now silent target. This guy has a lot of angst, and I'll admit it made me minorly upset. I also notice that he cold-called a few raises and had seen 7 out of the 10 flops I've seen him on.

So to recap: An unknown with a couple of probably-bad flags is berating me and it has taking my notice.

I offer a heads up match for slightly higher stakes.

My thinking was:

A) I probably have an edge over this guy, straight up
B) He is clearly angry
C) I am merely peeved

Worth a shot? Bad mistake? Should I stick to being Fish-Defender Man and leave it at that?

Anybody ever try anything like this? If so, please tell.

(In any case, he declined, I shut up, calm down, and he continue berating me right up to the time he leaves)
Old 03-11-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: So I tried an online pissing match

I think I enjoy playing even more since turning off player and observer chat.

JP
Old 03-12-2005, 10:20 AM

Just be carefull who you challenge...... make sure you are challenging them based on their attitude AND their poor play. A lot of a-holes out there are rather good players.
Of all the heads up, mine is bigger than yours I have played, (prob about 15 over the past couple of years) I have only lost once. One time I got a 3-6 punk at paradise to give me $800 at 10-20 HU, and I never play even S/H 10-20.

So basically just choose your mark carefully [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2005, 10:32 AM

HU matches often require many hands before the better player will ultimately prevail. Beware of the hit and run. Many of these guys will play you HU until they are slightly ahead. If they realize they are no match for you they will then just sit out and berate you until you leave.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:38 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
HU matches often require many hands before the better player will ultimately prevail. Beware of the hit and run. Many of these guys will play you HU until they are slightly ahead. If they realize they are no match for you they will then just sit out and berate you until you leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares? i never understood why people get angry at the hit and run. it's all hands baby, one hand and the next and the next. every hand you play against a bad player you're making money.

also, they usually leave when they are slightly ahead, but you never see them leave when they are slightly behind. in other words, they get a little behind, and keep playing even if they know you are the better player.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So basically just choose your mark carefully [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you say is the perfect type of player for a heads up match? I know loose and passive is usually the worst type of player, but do you really want someone calling you down most hands when you are pushing very marginal hands yourself? I think I would prefer a guy who folds too much. (I'm probably wrong about this type of player being more profitable)
Old 03-12-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you say is the perfect type of player for a heads up match? I know loose and passive is usually the worst type of player, but do you really want someone calling you down most hands when you are pushing very marginal hands yourself? I think I would prefer a guy who folds too much. (I'm probably wrong about this type of player being more profitable)

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt challenge an Uber aggressive type. Usually when I do play these it is because someone had no idea how to play .... so I guess thats what I look for [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]