Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Middle pair, standard fold?

If I was to continue I'd say raise, but this is a pretty rough spot to be in without any reads. You're probably better off folding.

I agree with everyone else about posting utg, it's almost always better to wait the one hand. The hijack is generally the last place I like to post, though some will post as early as MP2.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:51 PM

You played it right. The people talking about implied odds and calls behind you are not thinking about the possibilities of raises behind you and drawing to dirty outs that may give other people gutshots or straights (like the 6 helping 9T and 45) and all the redraws you'd have to deal with if you did hit a 7. The right play was fold.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:54 PM

In addition to what everyone else said, don't be results-oriented. Somehow I doubt this hand would have ever been posted if the 3rd seven hadn't hit the turn. There a numerous times you will make a good laydown only to see one of your outs (that you didn't have odds to chase) hit a later street.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You played it right. The people talking about implied odds and calls behind you are not thinking about the possibilities of raises behind you and drawing to dirty outs that may give other people gutshots or straights (like the 6 helping 9T and 45) and all the redraws you'd have to deal with if you did hit a 7. The right play was fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, good.

Stickdude: I think your right, I need to make sure I don't do that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard fold here? Just started a session and have no reads...

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

1.75 outs for the sevens. 1.5 outs for the sixes. Maybe .5 for the backdoor straight draw. So about 3.75 total. Not enough for a call right now and it could be raised behind you. I think you did the right thing.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:26 PM

Grunch:

Automatic fold with the rest of the table still to act behind you. If you were in position to close the betting for 1 more bet, its a call.