Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 11:56 AM

Default QQ minraised oop 6max

Villian is ok, and nothing about his play makes him standout to me. My image is iffy, but not terrible. I've been caught playing fast a few times.

All stacks are ~900 in a 6max 3/6 game

Villian raises to 21, button calls, I reraise to 75ish with QQ in the BB. Villian minraises 50ish. Button folds. I call.

Typically, people do not put in a third raise in this game without AA or KK.

Question: is there ever a variation of this situation here (given no reads) that stack sizes would force me to raise or fold?

Also, in this hand, an A hit with two rags. How often do I represent AK hoping he's got KK?

I know this is very basic, but I'm not 100% sure of how to handle this.

Thanks in advance,
Marlow
Old 10-19-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: QQ minraised oop 6max

It's really tricky to represent AK and hope KK folds, I've tried it too many times without success. Half the people don't believe me or they have AA. If he checks I'll bet for sure and not put another penny in if he calls, I probably won't lead oop and just fold when/if he bets. It's really a player dependent move, certain people will lay down KK, others will call you down, etc....
Old 10-19-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: QQ minraised oop 6max

Question: is there ever a variation of this situation here (given no reads) that stack sizes would force me to raise or fold?

If he reraises bigger PF...that's about it.

Also, in this hand, an A hit with two rags. How often do I represent AK hoping he's got KK?

Problem with this is, you lose a lot when you lose, and don't win nearly as much when you win. He has to first off be on KK, and secondly have to believe you have AK. Then you have to guess how much you're gonna win vs. lose in each situation. If you think you're gonna lose twice as much as you'll win when you adequately represent the Ace (I think this is a conservative assumption based on how much money it's gonna take for you to pull off representing AK there), do you think you'll win often enough to pull it off?

Depends on the opponent, but I'm not trying to make this move against anyone not weak tight or that I have an exceptional read on. Online, almost never...

- Chris