Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: What\'s Next? (no hand or boobs in this thread)

[ QUOTE ]
Why not just stick with Hold em and move up the ladder?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because to be a little more than blunt, hold'em [censored] sucks. Seriously. There's only 169 combinations of cards, over half of which I wouldn't play if you spotted me the chips. After that, the community cards come, and it's a pretty simple exercise in counting outs combined with profiling your opponent and putting them on a hand. To be a little more blunt, if you can't beat hold'em, you're not qualified to work at McDonalds. I can beat games much higher than I play, I'm just not rolled for them.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you buy SSHE used or wear it out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wore it out, holmes. Great toilet reading. Thanks, Ed.

[ QUOTE ]
Have you considered making a small book review of all the hold'em books you have? We've mostly all read HoH, TOP, HFAP, and SSH (for abbreviation explanation, make a guesstimation) I'd like to know how good are the other not-so-well-known books on hold'em. Are they worth getting?

[/ QUOTE ]

View the hold'em books again. Not view them left to right. Not a coincidence. Beginner to advanced. That's my review.

Other things about books that I know and you don't know, let's see. Psychology of Poker is very good. Ace on the River is not. The High-Low Split books are very good. Caro's Book of Tells is not. Super System 2 is a good primer. Tournament Poker for Advanced Players is the worst book I own.

[ QUOTE ]
Paxo - stud looks interesting, but have you considered trying omaha first? It's a little closer to holdem, but it feels like a whole new game. I've played that some in the nano-limits on stars and it's fun for a good change of pace.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did consider Omaha. Infact, I had an interesting conversation with Lautzutao about which path to take. I had the brain storm that I could take the path of hold'em -> PLO -> O/8 -> S/8 -> Stud. The reason is that PLO is hold'em with more cards, then O/8 is PLO with a low, then S/8 is another high/low game, then Stud is only the high. So each leads logically to the other. But Stud is just so sexy to me, and it's very complicated, so I'm just diving in, baby. I'll learn hold'em on one end, Stud on the other, and I'll meet in the middle with Omaha/8.