Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My SOP with KTo in MP:
Raise 27 72.97%
Fold 10 27.03%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Simple KK hand

[ QUOTE ]
We don't have enough information. What do you know about the MP player?

[/ QUOTE ]

generic full ring player, 22/6/2
Old 07-15-2005, 12:11 AM

I probably call. I'd say his range of hands is AA-QQ+AK and maybe JJ. I don't play at these limits however.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:47 AM

Fold - this is clearly Aces (or a very small chance of Kings). It doesnt matter in any case - if the range is AA/KK then you have to fold.

In the 400 game I never see QQ/JJ or AK here unless the villain is a fool.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably call. I'd say his range of hands is AA-QQ+AK and maybe JJ. I don't play at these limits however.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have like never seen a 22/6 player push with less than KK here full ring above $100.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:55 AM

I've posted several 'educational' posts about this exact same (or similar) situation. Call. Yes, you will be up against AA a solid portion of the time, but this will be long term +EV. I'd bet a house on it.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:58 AM

Btw, after all the people who said fold this hand complained that they 'always' see AA in this situation, we had people post hand summaries of this situations, and every one should that KK dominated more than 60% of the time.

I don't play at these limits though either. But perhaps we could post hand histories here and share our stats.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've posted several 'educational' posts about this exact same (or similar) situation. Call. Yes, you will be up against AA a solid portion of the time, but this will be long term +EV. I'd bet a house on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will happily take your wager of one house, because I just dont see what you say to be true. Villains dont have less than KK here and that has you destroyed.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PP $400NL

Stacks are ~$400

MP player raises to $15, LP cold-caller, I raise to $60 from the BB, MP pushes, LP folds

[/ QUOTE ]

full ring or 6max?

fim
Old 07-15-2005, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will happily take your wager of one house, because I just dont see what you say to be true. Villains dont have less than KK here and that has you destroyed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had this argument so many times on this forum, my eyeballs are about to fall out of their sockets. I say we all post our hand histories and see if this is true. I'm going to bed right now, but you guys start. I'm telling you that we did this before and it came out that the play was +EV, but I'd be willing to do it again AND make it a sticky on this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had this argument so many times on this forum, my eyeballs are about to fall out of their sockets. I say we all post our hand histories and see if this is true. I'm going to bed right now, but you guys start. I'm telling you that we did this before and it came out that the play was +EV, but I'd be willing to do it again AND make it a sticky on this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its important that the game is 400 and villain is not classed as a donk. These being the case, its a fold. If the game is 25 or 50 or 100 then I call. 200 I think about it (and probably fold). 400 (my experience so far) is fold. Villain is a donk then probably call.